OOPS!!!

I have the numbers reversed in the above post

the M1-303 is

5 micron nominal (Beta=2, 50%)
18 micron absolute (Beta=75, 98.7%)

------------------------------------------

also,

SSLoneStar ,

I have also used WIX filters for years and they are excellent filters. However, if you go by the specs, the new M1-303 followed by the BALDWIN B1441 are the best ones I've found for the Duramax.

When I first bought my 03 Duramax in October 02 I sent emails to AC Delco, Baldwin, Wix and AMSOIL requesting filter % efficiency ratings in microns for their DMAX OIL filters. All responded except AMSOIL.

Here are the numbers I was quoted.
AC DELCO PF2232: 25 microns nominal, 40 microns absolute (Beta numbers not stated)
WIX 57202 13 micron nominal (50%, Beta =2) and 37 micron absolute (98.7%, Beta = 75)
Baldwin B1441: 8 micron nominal (50%, Beta =2) and 23 micron absolute (98.7%, Beta = 75)
AMSOIL SDF-52: No response - May be identical to the B1441 since Baldwin is an OEM for AMSOIL

Since then I also ran accross some data on the Fleetguard LF1610200 for the duramax which has a 10 micron nominal (Beta=2, 50%) and 30 micron absolute (Beta=75, 98.7%) spec.

smile.gif

Not sure if this is old news here but I recently read a post on another forum that Mobil now offers a version of their Mobil-1 oil filter for the GM 6.6 Duramax Diesel… the M1-303.

I was curious how the M1-303's micron (beta) efficiency specs compared to the Baldwin B1441's that I'm currently using so I called the Mobil-1 Filter Hot Line. The person at Mobil referred me to Brent Birch at Champion Labs , the OEM for the M1 filters.

Brent quoted me the following specs for the new M1-303 oil filter for the Duramax..

Nominal efficiency: 18 microns (Beta=2, 50%)
Absolute efficiency: 5 microns (Beta=75, 98.7%)

Excellent!!
cool.gif

(for more info on Beta specs see Filter Performance and Micron Ratings

In terms of Beta specs I believe the M1-303 for the Duramax now takes the lead over the Baldwin B1441, which is specified at 8 microns nominal, and 23 microns, absolute. Brent did say that Baldwin's specs were very good for a full flow filter.

I also asked Bret if they would be publishing these specs and he wasn't sure since Mobil handles the marketing. He did say that that they do publish SAE 806 specs for the PH8 version of the filter but this test doesn't specify efficiency in terms of microns.

Well, if I didn't have nearly full case of B1441's on the shelf and an OilGuard Bypass filter on my truck, I would be immediately switching to the M1-303.

smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back