G-OIL Ugly Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
tried again no dice for me the first couple of times. .had to hit F5 about three times before it came up. weird but at least I can see it now. thanks for the link.

Last edited:
the sales numbers are ugly, but the real kicker is the section near the bottom called "Going Concern Consideration". The auditors don't think they're going to make it.

Seems they pulled oil out of Walmart, and my local THD (Home Depot) is for the most part getting rid of brand name cleaning products and replacing them with THD-branded cleaning products.

Whoever had the idea to offer full rebates on oil was nuts. That was not the right way to build a customer base.

Theres been a few quarts of it sitting on my local Walmarts clearance shelf for months now but they're like 15w-40 or something. I never used it because it was expensive for a product with no long term track record. Sucks if a company goes under but I can't say I will personally notice its lost presence.

The prices on Amazon aren't too bad. About $6-8/qt for 6 packs and 5 qt jugs. Not great, but not bad for a non-clearance synthetic oil. I would consider buying it if I didn't already have a 45 qt stash of their SM 5W-30 and may try to negotiate for another 50+ qts that have been on clearance at a WM 40 miles from me for almost a year now without it moving. If I can get them to $2/qt then I will take it all off their hands for them.

The company seems to be on the slippery slope of bankruptcy. So much for those who bought it then used the "FAR" to keep from spending their money for the product. In my opinion, "green companies" are dying within many industries. Going green is a losing proposition at this time. Companies have to make a profit to survive. In my opinion, the company needs to be put to rest 6 foot under.....

Who really cares about green when motor oil is recycled anyway? Cant get much greener. 100% RECYCLED oil for less than virgin might be the way to go.valvoline next gen at a mark up is retarded too.

The ironic thing is that keeping animals for food, in particular cattle, emits more global warming gases than vehicles.

So getting oil from beef tallow was not really a good sustainable source, albeit it is at present consumption of a "waste" byproduct.

Originally Posted By: tightwad
the sales numbers are ugly, but the real kicker is the section near the bottom called "Going Concern Consideration". The auditors don't think they're going to make it.

That has been in their reports for at least 2 years now.

The important thing is their loss is slowing.

And the most of their loss of sales is from the cleaning products, which is a shame as I've used their pressure washer stuff and it's quite good.

Just because THD is going house brand doesn't mean Green Earth isn't making it for them and slapping their name on it. One of the main customers is THD....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back