KMart oil & filter sale 2/16/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
The deal is $10.99 for 5 quarts of Smitty's Super S MultiFlo. I'm laughing to hard to drive down today,maybe tomorrow...I will buy that oil just for name to be sitting in the basement. It would be a great conversation starter and a memento for the future...

A buddy of mine just called me about this. SuperS is getting increasingly common in Michigan and I suspect there's nothing wrong with it. In the same vein that I've given up on looking for the absolute best deal and have been buying Wolf's Head from my local Auto Value store because I want to see a local business that has given me good service stay in business. I haven't seen any oil for under $2 a quart in quite some time but the last batch of Wolf's Head 10-30 I bought was $2.49 a quart. I keep a stock of 3 weights that satisfy our vehicles.
5-30 Dexos for our Impala
10-30 Super Duty for Grand Prix
and 15-40 Extreme Duty for my old cars.

IF my local store were to start stocking SuperS in the appropriate weights (they mostly only have SuperS hydraulic fluid) I would have no problem using their product.

Sure it's a goofy name but they've been in business in Louisiana for 45 years. Some of their company claims:

Repackaging for Shell, Pennzoil, Castrol, Quaker State, Chevron and Texaco
Private Label/ contract blending and packaging
Products licensed under API and ILSAC guideline
Manufacturer approvals for GM, Detroit, Cat, Cummins, Volvo and Mack

And SN rated synthetic blend for $1.50 a quart is better than a stick in the eye. Now to see if the local KMart has it in stock???

In my area you do not have to buy the filter to get the deal. $7.50 for the 5 quart jug, $1.70 per quart.

The purolator filters are on clearance so I picked up two for $1 each, but they were pretty blown out of filters.

Watching Rods N Wheels on Discovery, I have noticed a few quarts of Super S Multi-Flow on one of their shelves in several episodes.

Marketing is a unique science. Names and such on bottles relates to the mindset of the customer. Like: Super Boron bearing elixir for your engines when high rpm's are needed gives your engine extra protection. Only $32.95 for 12 oz. Something like that?
They know that us guys are going to be watching a hunting show where macho men are using a Howitzer to kill a bear at 15,000 yards, right? So now you are all worked up over killing that 1200 lb bear and yeah, your gonna buy that oil bearing lube bottle too.

lol

Last edited:
Hi guys
I work for thecompany that makes the boxes for Smittys and i have gotten free oil a few times over the last 20 yrs
I have never had any issue with it
Just kind of a silly name but they use name brand oil and they are a blender
Good deal on that price
All of the Kmarts closed by me a few yrs ago
See ya

I just came back from a trip to K-Mart yesterday and bought 14 quarts of Smitty's 5W20 for a $1.70, 10 Purolator Classics for $1.50, and 4 Pure Ones for $3 each! I figure I am set on filters for a few years! It is definitely worth a trip to a K-Mart to see what you can find on clearance, I just wish the closest store was less than 35 miles from me. They also had gallon jugs for $8 and change. I'm all for a sub-ten dollar OCI! But, I do think that this oil will do just fine and have no reservations for using it. Buy it up!

Any detailed info on this oil in 5w-30? A VOA/UOA somewhere?. The link above is for SM GF-4 10w-30 Conventional

Little to no information that i can find on the SN oils. Hoping someone does an oil analysis, but unless its going to be competitively priced (1.70 a quart) its going to have a hard time in this market especially only being sold at Kmart.

Our local Kmart is going out of business and is in the process of closing out its inventory. I've stopped by twice in the last week. Scored some Pure Ones and some Classics at a good price but there oil is still priced in the stratosphere, even at a 20% discount. For the price I can buy a jug of Mobil 1 synthetic at Walmart, Kmart wants for closeout Quaker State Green Bottle. I did see the Smitty's on the shelf, and did notice it said semi-syn on some of the bottles. I'd just never heard of it so I wasn't interested at the time. I might make another run in a couple of days and if it's priced right, I might pick some up if there's some left, and give it a try at some time in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back