DSX gun lube and grease MSDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is half water, 40% silicone, 2% Teflon, 4% automotive antifreeze, and 5% pesticide used for fruits.

Originally Posted By: Gabe
It is half water, 40% silicone, 2% Teflon, 4% automotive antifreeze, and 5% pesticide used for fruits.

The water is the "environmentally friendly" carrier; it is meant to evaporate off.

The "pesticide" is an ethanol (alcohol) compound likely meant to lower the surface-tension of the mix, so as to allow it to spread better and not bead-up.

The glycols are probably there as anti-freezes.

The Teflon and silicone would be the active lubricants.

I've never used the stuff so I can't comment on its effectiveness as a lubricant, but to my mind the ingredients are pretty innocuous.

Please note that end-use of a compound is no guide to its toxicity. For instance, ethanol (drinking alcohol) is widely used in windshield-washer antifreeze and anti-bacterial hand sanitizers.

Water is a poor lubricant and promotes rust and corrosion.

Silicone is a poor metal on metal lubricant.

2% Teflon is nothing special.

I wouldn't use this on my guns if someone paid me.

Free isn't always best. FWIW, I'd sooner use automotive grease than something that's half water on a GUN! If you want environmentally friendly, look for Frog Lube products. Work great and smell great. I use the semi-solid on my auto slide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back