Please reccommend an H11 bulb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soon I will be adding fog lights to my 2009 LX. I am ordering a kit off of FleaBay that comes with the housings, lens, wiring harness and bulbs. Since I have an 8th Generation LX Accord, my car is not pre wired for fog lights.

The wiring harness that comes with the kit, IMO is cheesy, so I already have purchased a high quality harness that I will very neatly and professionally install. I can only imagine that the bulbs they supply are cheesy as well. Can anyone recommend a decent H11 bulb for fog lights? I see a lot of choices but don't know if there's a difference between a fog H11 or a high/low H11?

Thanks.

Last edited:
the fog lights take h11??

thats unusual..

not much is available in h11

my low beams are h11

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rand
not much is available in h11

The GE H1155NHP Nighthawk Platinum is available on RockAuto for $13.79.

h9 in a foglight would have me fixin to throw rocks at you.

h9's are only acceptable in a fixture with a bulb covering reflector, or as high beams.

Yeah I don't want to blind anyone. I guess I'm a noob at lighting. I did put HIR Phillips bulbs in about two years ago for , there was a noticeable difference in light.

I have also read about how people put HID bulbs in reflector housings without retrofitting with projectors and they completely blind people. I don't want to do that.

Are H11's normally less powerful? I just want a reliable bulb that performs well.

Originally Posted By: Rand
h9 in a foglight would have me fixin to throw rocks at you.

h9's are only acceptable in a fixture with a bulb covering reflector, or as high beams.

Lol

I've had some friends order fog light kits of fleabay and they've had trouble with durability issues, mainly the fog light lens being quite weak with many cracking/pitting easily. I was going to get an OEM set from my dealer but got sticker shock when they told me it was $700 for the kit and an additional $200 for install plus tax....
If your set is good quality and works out, post back with the results.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back