Aurora 3rd brake light problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
The second vehicle in our home is an Olds Aurora with the "shortstar" 3.5L v6. After picking my truck up from the dealer today (yay, trans warranty fix) I was following her home when I noticed that the CHMSL/3rd brake light was not lighting up when she applied the brakes. Actually, it was turning out but was extremely dim. Looks like its a LED strip that runs along the top of the rear window.

Has anybody had any experience dealing with these? I'm sure if push comes to shove I can get some type of universal 12v red led bar and wire it in place, but ideally I would like to fix this it in a somewhat proper fashion since this will be the wifes car for a while.

I had a customer Buick led HMCAL that was no longer available new so just took it out and found some bad solder connection and joints on the wire leads going to the light. might be worth just resoldering all the connection and wire joints you can get to.

I worked on a 1987 Marquis years ago where the third brake light was activated by the brake pressure switch. The side lights were were activated the traditional way. I dont know if other vehicles would do this, but just thought I would throw that out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back