F1 viewing options?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello F-1 fans.
Are any of you picking up F1 races either via live stream or same day over the internet? I've heard that some folks do it (in the U.S.) but I'm not sure exactly how.
I've dropped my DirecTV additional package levels, so I'm looking for a less-costly alternative.
Thanks,
Bill

There are a few webpages that have streaming live video, justin.tv is one of them. It does not always work on F1 though, FOM clamps down pretty hard on the online broadcasts. The plus side is that the streams are usually the BBC feed.

I'm pretty sure there are pay per view options online, don't know what they are though.
I picked our TV carrier based almost solely on having F1 available in their basic package.
Tell DirecTV you are going to switch unless they give you the channel for F1. If they don't then switch.

Being Danish, I am looking forward to see how Kevin Magnussen will be doing. Also it,s existing how the new turbo engines will effect the race. :)

US bundling usually has NBC Sports in with ESPN at a higher tier. I have been trying to figure out the same thing. I would happily pay for an F-1 channel/app on a subscription basis, as I could save immense amounts by having no cable at all.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
I'm pretty sure there are pay per view options online, don't know what they are though.
I picked our TV carrier based almost solely on having F1 available in their basic package.
Tell DirecTV you are going to switch unless they give you the channel for F1. If they don't then switch.

Originally Posted By: Coprolite
US bundling usually has NBC Sports in with ESPN at a higher tier. I have been trying to figure out the same thing. I would happily pay for an F-1 channel/app on a subscription basis, as I could save immense amounts by having no cable at all.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan

One of my friends does just buy TSN2 for the F1 season, it has all the practice sessions, and I think its only $5/month to add just the one channel. Maybe your carrier does the same so you can get just the channel you need.

Thanks for all the replies. I remember that a few years ago so-called A la carte TV options were discussed but quickly snuffed out by the big providers. I'm really not a cheapskate, but am insulted that I have to pay for additional packages just to get the station I want. I really don't need the Korean Shopping Channel and endless re-runs of 1950's childrens' cartoons (I already saw them when they were new!)
Thanks,
Bill

Last year I watched the F1 races on Univision at 8am Sun in HD off the air. Sure, the commentary is in Spanish, but the graphics, timing, and scoring is in English. Hopefully the coverage continues this year. I guess I have to thank Perez, Gutierrez, and Maldo for that...?

Tosh:
Yep...I finally found F1 on my Directv list via Unimas which seems to be a partner of Univision. If nothing else, it'll make me brush-up on my Spanish and the world feed pretty much shows everything anyway.
Thanks,
Bill

Very nice, thanks. We get the BBC broadcast on our TSN. We only get Practice 2, though (along with the race and qualifying sessions, of course). Now, with your link, I have to see if I can watch WEC there. Aside from Le Mans and various 1 hour summaries here, it's pretty slim pickings.

i just watched the end of something called Road to Ferrari that was awesome, talking to dimontezemolo on what it means to work at Ferrari. Now its Horse Power a full hour on the birth of the 2014 Ferrari F1... then a 30 min show on Vettle, then Practice 2 at Melbourne.

cable TV is rapage but wow NBCSN HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back