harbor freight table saw blades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a dado set from them. It isn't unsafe (as in it hasn't lost any tips) but it's not that great either. The quality of cut is bad, the blades are very narrow and flex, and while it wouldn't matter for a regular blade it doesn't cut a flat bottom dado.

If you're willing to spend a bit more (like 30 bucks) the Freud blades are much better. I'm not sure what you are doing with the blade but if you are ripping boards to glue together you would save a lot of headache buying a better blade that can cut a smooth straight edge.

I used the carbide toothed cross cut & combo blades from H/F when I had my woodworking shop for making craft items. I was perfectly satisfied with their performance for the 20 years till I retired. No complaints.

Also had good results with their carbide router bits.

Originally Posted By: jcwit
I used the carbide toothed cross cut & combo blades from H/F when I had my woodworking shop for making craft items. I was perfectly satisfied with their performance for the 20 years till I retired. No complaints.

HF has been around for >20 years? I only remember seeing them in the last 10 or so. And only as B&M in the last few.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

HF has been around for >20 years? I only remember seeing them in the last 10 or so. And only as B&M in the last few.

They used to do the "weekend tent sale" everywhere. I remember when I lived in Alabama, (moved there in 1991), they would come to town once a year and be there for three days and then move on. You would get a flyer in the mail about two weeks before the sale began and it was like being a child at Christmas with the Sears Catalog. The cool thing was you shot your tool budget in one weekend. The sad thing was you had to wait a whole year to do it.

According to Wikipedia:

"Harbor Freight was founded in 1977 as a mail-order business by Eric Smidt and his father, Allan, in a small North Hollywood building, as Harbor Freight & Salvage Co. The company changed its name to Harbor Freight Tools and, in 1980, opened its first retail store in Lexington, Kentucky. In 1985, Eric Smidt became the president of Harbor Freight; he served under that title until 1999 when he became CEO."

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JHZR2

They had a Mail Order catalog for years, used to order from them back then, besides what I already mentioned I used their brads and staples in various lengths. They've been around long before ttheir B&M stores.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back