Pennzoil Platinum with PurePlus Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.
I occasionally drive our C6 corvette on the track in amateur events. Mobil has suggested that their 10w-40 syn. Is adequate for my use. The issues are engine protection at higher rpm's and
somewhat elevated temps. How will your new oil compare?

Second, we live in Minnesota. How will your 0w-30 or 40 compare in cold weather starts and cold weather protection?

Thank you.
Glen Olsen

How does Pennzoil (or SOPUS overall) classify the GTL base stock? Do they consider it to be Group III+, or Group IV, or some other group altogether?

Last edited:
What differences in performance characteristics will there be between Pennzoil Ultra and Pennzoil Ultra Platinum? Is Ultra Platinum considered to be a direct replacement for Ultra?

What characteristics of motor oils are important when considering them for use in modern direct injection turbocharged gasoline engines, and how do the new GTL oils meet them?

Are there any plans to market diesel motor oils with GTL base stocks?
Does the current Shell Rotella T6 contain any GTL?

Are all of the GTL base stocks (and other products) produced in the Pearl project in Qatar?
Are there any plans to build a GTL plant in the USA?

How does the Pure Plus Technology impact production costs? Is it your goal to provide a superior product at a competitive price . If you offer a 0W20 0W30 product how would it compare to Mobil 1 AFE

Are there different grades of GTL base stocks? If Pennzoil Platinum pureplus and Pennzoil Ultra pureplus both use GTL, why does Ultra have such lower NOACK values?

How will using Pennzoil Platinum and Pennzoil platinum with pureplus benefit newer engine designs with direct injection?

Are there newer organic additives in use that will not show up on a VOA?

What is the difference in the additive package that makes Pennzoil's new full synthetics better than the competition?

Are there plans to bring a 0w30 to market?

Are there plants to make a full synthetic high mileage oil?

Will these new oils already exceed the GF-6 standards coming?

Just as a point of information, saw 5 quarts jugs in a local WalMart today. Priced the same as the old PP and M1 - $25.17.

Thanks for the opportunity to replace speculation with answers from your SOPUS team.

Date-wise, when did SOPUS begin producing Platinum and Ultra using GTL technology?

The bottles labeled with "Pure Plus Technology" appeared in my area in late January . However, the rumor mill suggests all Platinum and Ultra produced after August 2013 was made using GTL, regardless of what the container label says or does not say.

And here's a strong vote for 0w-20 grade Platinum Ultra and for a consistent distribution plan for your GTL oils. Consumers should not have to drive all over Creation in search of a particular motor oil due to inconsistencies in marketing, distribution, or retail stocking.

What are the differences between Pennzoil Platinum and Pennzoil Ultra Platinum ? Is it Pennzoil Platinum for normal 10k miles OCI and Pennzoil Ultra Platinum for extended OCI up to 15k miles ?

First - Thank you for doing this!
It is very courteous and also very professional of you to offer an official questions thread for us here on BITOG
smile.gif

1. Because not all locations are equal when it comes to Walmart, will you have any way of ensuring that all the Walmarts will stock the new Pennzoil?

2. What is the complete list of grades that will be offered in this new Pennzoil?

3. Should users with higher mileage (or just older) vehicles have a shorter OCI the first time using this new oil, due to its better cleaning capabilities (considering possible release of built up sludge that may not have been cleansed with previous oils)?

4. I do plan on purchasing this oil sometime in the near future, and I would like to ask a question about your Pennzoil Platinum HE oil filters - in your recent advertisement (seen on YouTube) for those filters, you mention that each specific-to-application filter has met or exceeded the OEM oil filters design... The Motorcraft oil filter for my 2001 Ford F-150 (FL-820-S) has the bypass valve located at the top, rather than on the bottom, to ensure that no contaminants flow back into the oil - Does the Pennzoil HPZ-173 oil filter have the same location of the bypass valve?

I have some additional questions.
1. Do any of these oils use the tri-nuc moly?

2. What is the VI of these new oils? Have you considered making a high VI oil? If so or not do you think this is an important parameter to design an oil and why?

3. Have you ever investigated the effects of MoS2 added to your new oils? Would additional moly added to your new oils have any benefits? Can you explain in technical terms why/why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back