Toyota to Recall 1.9 Million Priuses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 recalls sitting on my desk for two very small items in my Toyotas. They are very on top of their products. Our Lexus has a recall for the yellow trunk release lever in the trunk. They will fix it. Wash your car inside and out and fill your gas tank for the trouble.
happy2.gif

Staying on top of their products? It is only because it is a software flash and cost $0, and with 1.9 million cars going to the dealers' service bays, they will end up making much more than the 5 min it takes to re-flash the cars. People will do an oil change or do an overdue service. Mechanics will do the free inspection and have a chance to sell service packages.

On the other hand, they are refusing to recall the Camry's seats that fails to meet safety standards for flame retardancy. They will refuse to recall until NHTSA forces them to. Why? Because they are going to lose a lot of money on material and longer labor hours if they do this recall.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/01/30/toyota-corolla-camry-tundra-stop-sale-seat-fabric-recall/

Open your eyes my friends.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back