Bobcat T250 Hydraulic Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased a used high hour 2006 Bobcat T250 trackloader. I plan to change out all the filters and fluid. Any suggestions on what the best fluid to use in this machine would be other than the OEM or is it best to stay with Bobcats brand?

Thanks,
Bryon

No need to stay with Bobcat fluid, but buying some might get you some cheap "dealer goodwill" and some future questions answered if problems come up.
I buy oil and filters at my tractor dealer just to keep me in his good books, and he knows that I'm following the maintenance schedule in case I trade in one day.

I use quality tractor and hydraulic fluid in my Bobcat 843. I do use Bobcat filters for the hydraulic fluid. They are not cheap, for the two it was over $100.

In a Bobcat with wheels there is fluid in the chain case and hydraulic fluid system. Unsure about a trackloader.

My manual calls out for Bobcat fluid (p/n 6563328). If fluid is not available use 10W-30/10W class SE motor oil. I guess my question should be does anyone know what the Bobcat fluid is? I have been told it is ISO 46 hydraulic 100% synthetic fluid. Any ideas?

Bobcat fluid is 100% synthetic. I would run their fluid, or only a synthetic equivalent. Bobcat usually has their coolers and reservoirs designed at a size that sees much higher hydraulic fluid temps than similar designs from other OEM's. Their fluid is one of the best OEM fluids on the market...but it is needed because of the temperatures their equipment runs.

I am not sure Bobcat hydraulic fluid is synthetic. A lot of people use motor oil rather than hydraulic fluid.

skidsteerforum.com is a good place to also ask this question.

I noticed your in IL....

Hit up the guys at Chapala Filter - http://www.jchapala.com/oil.php?category=Hydraulic Fluids

Their hydraulic oil is full synthetic and [censored] good. I'm sure you could get it cheaper than the Bobcat branded stuff and it will be just as good. Hydraulic oils aren't exactly "high tech" like some other oil based products. Just get a good synthetic that can handle the heat of the Bobcat systems. Oxidative resistance and anti-wear are the critical pieces.

Thanks for all the replys. I was able to track down the previous owner and turns out he was using tractor hydraulic fluid not the bobcat fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back