Blood Pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Turk
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
You have a slightly weak pumper.

Please elaborate...

Chinese Acupuncture Lady says I have a strong, "slippery" pulse...

10 cups of coffee should not produce BP that low.
Again, you have a slightly weak pumper. Do not drink caffeine products for a few days and check again. Your 102-62 may become 95-55...... too low....... weak pumper for a 62 year-old.

Stay on top of this! You only have one heart BTW.

Originally Posted By: Turk
You have a slightly weak pumper.

Please elaborate...

Chinese Acupuncture Lady says I have a strong, "slippery" pulse...

10 cups of coffee should not produce BP that low.
Again, you have a slightly weak pumper. Do not drink caffeine products for a few days and check again. Your 102-62 may become 95-55...... too low....... weak pumper for a 62 year-old.

Stay on top of this! You only have one heart BTW.

Thanks, will do. I'm only 53, btw...
lol.gif

...and I'm cool under pressure.
thumbsup2.gif
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: sayjac
While I don't know the OP's age,

42 yrs young, 5'10 207 lbs. I'm going to cut my coffee intake. I seem to drink more during the cold weather. Last few days I've been having 2 cups, which is really one mug that holds 16 ounces. Would like to cut it to 1 cup and maybe cut it to zero. The morning it was taken I had 4 cups.

This Saturday I'm having my cholesterol checked along with a bunch of other things. I've never had my cholesterol checked. Recently lost a bunch of weight. In July I was 250 lbs. Lots of exercise daily including walking an hour, 25 pushups daily and 50 squats.

Another tip is having dark chocolate. So over the last few days I've been having a square of that (72% cocoa) which gives me a boost. So less coffee and some dark choco instead. My BP used to be higher at the dr's office. Right below where I would need meds. Then they would ask if I was nervous and I would say yes.

Try decaf? I cut my intake in half, and determined that I was probably drinking quite a bit out boredom. I miss the afternoon pick me up; but instead I just have another cup of decaf. [I drink it black at work, so I think that's ok.] I also started drinking some herbal tea. Good for warming up fingers too.

While I enjoy strong coffee I'm finding that I prefer it a bit weaker if I am going to drink it black.

Yeah that's a good idea. My mom puts some decaf in their morning coffee. I think 50/50 so you can drink the normal amount with less caffeine. Thanks!

Stayed with a friend once while in college; got up the following day, had breakfast, then headed out (I was borrowing their garage to work on my truck in return for helping my friend clean out his dorm). We got a few miles down the road when I told my friend that I thought his parents had played a mean trick on me, giving me decaf. He laughed; he had forgotten that they drank quarter-caf.

[I wasn't mad, just caught a bit off-guard. I survived, despite the caffiene loss.
wink.gif
]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back