CCV Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDW

Not sure if the right place to put this , But thought I would post my setup for the CCV Filter , Helps very much under boost , even others that I know that have N/A engines benefit using them, Just 3k on my rebuild mine is dry as a bone.
loom001.jpg

JLT001.jpg

Well it can't be a huge benefit if it's as dry as a bone...

But if I had a Direct Injection car this is certainly something I would consider. That unit you have certainly looks well built.

That looks like a JLT PCV catch can unit? I did enough reading on catch cans before I did my own purchase/install, and the consensus was that the JLT catch cans don't work well. I have a two chamber UPR catch can on my '13 F150 5.0L and after only 1000 easy highway kms it caught a surprising amount of oil/fuel/water. I installed it using Goodyear emissions rated braided hose, and I also spliced and reused the OEM PCV quick connecters. The UPR unit is billet aluminum and pricey, but it's A+ quality and the results speak for itself.

P.S: This post would have been better off in the mechanical/maintenance forum list.

Install:

1000 km results:

Something else I noticed in your picture. Do you have that catch can plumbed from your valve cover inlet to the intake air tube? If so, that's why it's not catching any oil. PCV oil separators need to be plumbed from the PCV valve to the throttle body. The intake tube to valve cover is the PCV air inlet (clean air enters) and the PCV valve to throttle body is the outlet (oil vapors present).

I have a PVC one on order for good measure , Per my engine builder and he has built many a Supercharged 4.6 . Oil DOES make its way up there on that side . I have seen it and all have been with JLT units, Have not heard about the bad reviews on them but for my fellow MN12 owners they work well.

Pic before the rebuilt

LTC001.jpg

Last edited:
I am glad I put the Conceptual Polymer High Efficiency catch can on my pickup. In a little over 8000 miles, it has collected about 12 oz of oil and glop out of the PCV line from going to the intake. I think it would have caught more if the vehicle had not been parked in a heated garage most of the time for the night. I noticed a larger amount of condensation/oil goo the times that it had to sit out and start cold outside.

http://www.conceptualpolymer.com/High Efficiency Air.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back