2004 Ford 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had this test run on a sample of my Rotella T 15w-40 run in my 6L powerstroke. I went 7,500 miles on this change, I would say 90% of these miles are highway miles. Truck truck had 140,000 at this change. So how does the sample look? This is the first test I have ran on this truck so I have nothing to compare it against.

I think your machine looks like it's doing well. The norm seems to be that slight shearing of viscosity is acceptable with a HEUI fuel delivery system.

Has this truck been bulletproofed? Headgaskets, headstuds, oil cooler and EGR cooler?

Last edited:
No this truck has been maintained and taken care of. Previous owner had a egr cooler, oil cooler, and all injectors replaced under ford warranty. When I bought the truck he also gave me a journal he had kept on the truck, it had everything right down to when he replaced the windshield wipers. I have owned it since 86,000 miles, I have maintained it much like he did but I am playing around with extending the OCI from 5,000 to 7,500. I have installed a coolant filter with elc, SCT TS livewire monitor, and a 5" exhaust. Oil temp / coolant temp delta stays around 8-10*, EGR is shut off, and I have had 0 troubles in 55,000 miles.

Your wear looks quite acceptable; nothing to worry about there.

Since your truck has had the biggest issues already dealt with, then I strongly encourage you to get a coolant filter installed; that will make your engine well protected from a repeated failure. The root cause of most 6.0L ills can be traced to the oil cooler becoming blocked on the coolant side. Fresh coolant and a coolant filter pretty much assure the problem will never arise again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back