Consumer Reports rates the new Impala best

Status
Not open for further replies.
While our Impala has been a decent car, I'm not interested in getting another. In fact this new Impala is almost too big for us now. This car looks good, but when it is compared to the POS that many people call the "fleet Impala", anything will be better. Like the Malibu with the Camaro inspired rear end, it has a Camaro-ish look to the front but the rest appears totally Buick to me. I think it will sell well, but I've only seen a handful so far on the roads near me. Maybe Consumer Reports will help sell more with their review?

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Originally Posted By: RDC
I think the new Impala is nice, but for $35k I'd buy a Cadenza instead.

For that much money, I'd hope that Credenza comes with a pair of chairs as well.
wink.gif

Regardless of whether you approve of the new Impala, doesn't a 30 or 40k Hyundai/Kia sound a bit odd?

They seem to have given up their value based marketing, eh?

Yep, the Korean brands are not a good value for a bread and butter mid to full size car. They are trying to sell based on their sporty image and 10 year warranty. The Kia Cadenza is 10k more than the Impala. The Impala buyer could fork over 3k and get a 100k Chevy warranty to rival the Kia's warranty.

Originally Posted By: jd_1138
Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Originally Posted By: RDC
I think the new Impala is nice, but for $35k I'd buy a Cadenza instead.

For that much money, I'd hope that Credenza comes with a pair of chairs as well.
wink.gif

Regardless of whether you approve of the new Impala, doesn't a 30 or 40k Hyundai/Kia sound a bit odd?

They seem to have given up their value based marketing, eh?

Yep, the Korean brands are not a good value for a bread and butter mid to full size car. They are trying to sell based on their sporty image and 10 year warranty. The Kia Cadenza is 10k more than the Impala. The Impala buyer could fork over 3k and get a 100k Chevy warranty to rival the Kia's warranty.

The Impala comes with a 100k mile warranty already. Plus 4 free services, and 100k roadside assistance, etc.

Every bit as good as anyone...

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
For about the same money...forget the Impala, give me a CHARGER!

Nice warranty on those too.

And the VVT Hemis get even better mileage than before...

Exactly.

Nice warranty on those too.

And the VVT Hemis get even better mileage than before...

380hp and can get 30mpg depending on wind and driver.
Tough combo to beat.
The mds hemi is a must have. The fuel economy of a sixxer with the roar of hemi in a split second.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

380hp and can get 30mpg depending on wind and driver.
Tough combo to beat.
The mds hemi is a must have. The fuel economy of a sixxer with the roar of hemi in a split second.

It is worth noting that my friend's brand new Charger R/T is only a tick slower than my 6.1 in a side by side drag race. It is only at higher speeds where I walk on him, and my gearing is a bit better than his.

Add to this when I drive his car I can cruise until I get the MDS activated and then floor it and the car responds with no detectable hesitation at all. It's one of the most transparent systems in use today and it really saves gas if you take the time to learn how it works...

The thing I like best about the new Impala is the 4-spoke steering wheel.

Gives me the 6:00 o'clock position to rest my hand.

I'd buy the car for that reason alone.

2014-impala-model-overview-interior-cnt-well-1-980x476-01.jpg

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

Different strokes for different folks. That picture is a complete turn off for me. The video game center console and its ugly. I get the function of steering wheel however its not pretty. It looks cheap. That all being said looking forward to an upgrade in my rentals with the new GM.

Originally Posted By: rjundi
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

Different strokes for different folks. That picture is a complete turn off for me. The video game center console and its ugly. I get the function of steering wheel however its not pretty. It looks cheap. That all being said looking forward to an upgrade in my rentals with the new GM.

Completely agree! The wife and I thought about trading her 2010 Impala in on a new one until we saw the interior first hand...gag!

While the material quality is WAY better than her 2010, the design is horrible. It's like they tried too hard to make it match with current trends and went over the edge design wise, too many swoops, curves and layers. Don't forget that steering wheel either, YUCK.

Super disappointed as now we don't have a replacement when it's time for the 2010 to move on.

Now, the 2014 Silverado, that interior is handsome.

2014-Chevrolet-Silverado-1500-Interior.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rjundi

It looks pretty nice to me. I'd be so happy to get that steering wheel that I wouldn't care about the video game center. I gotta have that 6:00 o'clock position for my right hand when driving at low speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back