Searching for OEM filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys ..

I'm having a bad time looking for an oil filter for my application .. I'm using a big diameter filter , like Fram PH3950 and it's parallels .. Thing is , i'm located overseas ( Middle East ) and these after market filters are not available where i live, so i have to order them online only which is difficult for me , OEM filter doesn't work on my application anymore as i have installed a new oil cooler which uses a bigger sandwich adapter so i had to use a bigger diameter filter which Nissan ( thats my car ) doesn't make one on that size..

No .. I'm searching for a parallel to Fram ph3950 available by any car manufacturers out there, like mitsubishi, toyota or any other that have them in this size.

So guys could u plz help me out to find an OEM filter opposite to Fram PH3950 ?! I would really appreciate it as i'm having a bad time looking for one, thank you very much and excuse my bad english ..

Mitsubishi part #'s from the Fram site.

MITSUBISHI 2630021A00
MITSUBISHI 26300-21A00
MITSUBISHI 9122000500
MITSUBISHI MD001445
MITSUBISHI MD005445
MITSUBISHI MD005450
MITSUBISHI MD030795
MITSUBISHI MD031805
MITSUBISHI MD084693
MITSUBISHI MD136466
MITSUBISHI MD356000

^ Thank you all, i really appreciate it.

Cross reference search is not always correct, most of these results are not accurate, espacially those OEM ones !

I tried that before but didn't work.

Originally Posted By: Dead_Zone
I'm using a big diameter filter , like Fram PH3950 and it's parallels .. Thing is , i'm located overseas ( Middle East ) .....

No .. I'm searching for a parallel to Fram ph3950 available by any car manufacturers out there, like mitsubishi, toyota or any other that have them in this size.

So guys could u plz help me out to find an OEM filter opposite to Fram PH3950 ?! I would really appreciate it as i'm having a bad time looking for one, thank you very much and excuse my bad english ..

Fram PH3950 Specs and Applications

The Fram has the following specs:

Anti-Drain Valve
Gasket I.D. 2.42"
Gasket O.D. 2.8"
Gasket Thickness .2"
Product Height 3.09"
Product I.D. 20mmx1.5mm Th'd
Product O.D. 3.66"
Relief Valve Setting PSI 12

The url above shows the applications it fits.

You can find an OEM two ways: first, back into an application on the url and find a vehicle for which you can buy filters where you are. Second, use a catalog like:

Filter by Size Search

and see what other filters fit within the parameters of the one you're using.

It must have an anti-drain valve, a gasket that will properly mate with your adapter, a 20mmx1.5mm thread, and a compatible relief valve setting. The relief valve can be in the 8-15 psi range - it is not that critical.

Again, having found a possible filter, you have to look at the applications.

Good luck.

^ I'm totally aware of my Filter spec to the point that i had sculpted the diameter numbers on my skull, and I am aware that It must have " an anti-drain valve, a gasket that will properly mate with your adapter, a 20mmx1.5mm thread, and a compatible relief valve setting. The relief valve can be in the 8-15 psi range" ...etc

But again .. it's complicated !
This filter is not common and is very very rare, most companies do not built them in that dimatere .. i'm having almost 0 clearance between my filter rear end and my car's side structure , so filter i'm looking for MUST EXACTLY share the filter spec i posted above .. in EVERYTHING... Yes there are after market alternatives like Wix 51381, PureONE PL10193, Fram TG3950, XG3950 ...etc , but again .. i'm currently looking for OEM's alternative and these are hard to find even if they come in that Cross reference list,they still not the exact fili'm looking for .

Does the gasket size need to match to the exact mm? Late model Mitsubishi, Honda, Nissan, Subaru & Mazda filters are fractionally smaller with M20x1.5 threads & heights less than 78mm

Hi,
I work in tech services at FRAM. If I understand your request correctly, the 3950 does fit your application, you are just having a hard time getting them. If so, send me a message at [email protected]. I will either find you a place to get them or find you a viable OE number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back