Oil sample confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received my report back today.

They say universal averages show typical wear for this type of Toyota engine after about 6,700 miles on the oil. Since I only went 5,373 miles on it shouldn't it be better than the average since it has about 1,400 miles less?

EDIT: Tried to embed but it's not working on this site??

It means that engine normally wears very well and yours is a negligible difference that is still great.

The report is awesome and the only highlight is insolubles at 0.1 which could indicate the need for a higher capacity oil filter if you extend further but are still great in this report.

I believe the blackstone comments speak for themselves. Asking if you really went 5373 miles on the oil.

I'm not a UOA expert, but you are fine.

Regards, JC.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
The report is awesome and the only highlight is insolubles at 0.1 which could indicate the need for a higher capacity oil filter if you extend further but are still great in this report.

Please explain because 0.1 is well below average insoluble on a UOA.

Your right 0.1 is very good but the lowest rating Blackstone gives is a Trace rating so I thought it would be good to note them on subsequent analysis.

Basically the rest of the report was so amazing I had to comment on something.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Your right 0.1 is very good but the lowest rating Blackstone gives is a Trace rating so I thought it would be good to note them on subsequent analysis.

Basically the rest of the report was so amazing I had to comment on something.

Got it! Nothing like a boring UOA.

Regarding Insolubles: 0.1 up to about 0.3 are LOW readings.

Trace is above all those. Trace is a higher reading for fuel dilution too compared to the
0.1 is as long as you will ever see at [censored] except on a VOA you might see 0.0.

Originally Posted By: INDYMAC
I got 0.0 once on a UOA. I asked Blackstone to recheck and they did...0.0!

Yes you'er right 0.0 should be possible. I think I also had it on a 300 mile run UOA. I'm sure yours had more miles.

Yeah, but Trace is definitely higher than 0.1 so the OP should feel great about 0.1. That is normally as low as you see except in weird circumstances like we discussed you can see the 0.0. A lot of people come back 0.3 on a decent OCI and that is still less than trace.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back