2004 Honda CR-V 2.4L UOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk about a yawn of a report. These 2.4 Honda can run practically any oil a real long time.

CRVOil.jpg

Insane, great engines! Now if I could just get mine to stop ticking. Planning on doing a UOA on the TGMO in it now so stay tuned. Great report, and thank you for posting.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Insane, great engines! Now if I could just get mine to stop ticking. Planning on doing a UOA on the TGMO in it now so stay tuned. Great report, and thank you for posting.

Funny you should mention the tick. This 2004 2.4L CR-V engine had the tick like crazy. It drove me nuts, but look at this dang report.(Its why I did the UOA actually) My 2004 Accord 2.4L is dead silent to this day with 150k+, and still going very strong.

Originally Posted By: Autodarken

Funny you should mention the tick. This 2004 2.4L CR-V engine had the tick like crazy. It drove me nuts, but look at this dang report.(Its why I did the UOA actually) My 2004 Accord 2.4L is dead silent to this day with 150k+, and still going very strong.

Hmmm...Is it a tick on start up that goes away in a couple seconds? Thats what mine is.

Excellent wear numbers indeed. Do you have a more recent UOA since this one from 7.5 yrs ago?

Tick never went away and the dealer checked the valves, claimed they were in spec. It never changed from day one till the day we sold it having arounf 40k on it. Compared to my Accord of the same year and engine, it was really noisey.

Now if I could just get mine to stop ticking.

Ah yes, Honda 2.4Ls and ticking:) I know about that.

Our CRV replaced a 1998' 2.4 accord that was 13 years old when we sold it. It ticked the whole time. Had a few valve adjustments done in that time, some where more helpful than others at quieting the sound but it never fully went away. We sold it to a guy that worked for Honda in Marrysville--judging by how fast he bought it the ticking did not concern him either.
I loved that car. My best guess: its still ticking, and still running great.

OP, nice report. thanks for sharing.

I think the K series is just a loud engine. It clearly does not matter as shown by this report.

My K20 is a ticker as well, subdued as well when it's warm.

Great engine that loves to rev! It runs flawlessly.

Originally Posted By: dernp
Excellent wear numbers indeed. Do you have a more recent UOA since this one from 7.5 yrs ago?

Is the UOA date a typo? I would guess not, since 32,000 miles in 9 years is pretty low!

Originally Posted By: Autodarken
Tick never went away and the dealer checked the valves, claimed they were in spec.

Do the valve adjustment yourself, or ask them to adjust to the tight side of the tolerance. All the valves were "in spec" on our K24 as well, but I adjusted them to the tight end of the adjustment range, and it made a dramatic difference in the overall "din" of the engine.

Have you gone back to check the valve clearances since? From what I've read on the K24s on Elements, the valves tend to get tight with time, especially the exhaust valves. A loose, and subsequently noisier, valve is a happy valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back