SuperTech = Fram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at Wal-Mart recently and noticed that the SuperTech oil filter for my car has the same last four digits as the Fram oil filter for my car. Does anyone know if SuperTech filters are now repackaged Fram filters?

They have always used the same numbers, but they are not the same.
smile.gif

Supertech filters are similar to AC, and very good. I have cut open many, and the quality is very good, for 2 dollars. It would create quite an uproar here if Frams were being repackaged as Supertech.

Anyone know if there is an online guide for SuperTech oil filters?

What car/engine? This BBS might be your closest bet for a part #, aside from the in-store doohickey.

Fram does NOT equal SuperTech.

I hope that clarifies, for I was about to puke after seeing a respectable brand and garbage in the same line.

SuperTech is a great filter at a low price that is.

Castrol also used the Fram/SuperTech numbering system also for side note

Alot of companies use Fram's numbering system. It's easier for people to find their filter if the numbers are the same.

BTW Not all ST numbers match up perfectly to Frams. The 2808 filter comes to mind. Make sure your double check the book.

-T

quote:

Originally posted by Ray H:
Champion Labs "retired" the ST 2808 over a year ago. Former applications calling for the 2808 are now re-directed to the 3593A. From what I've casually observed, STs (what few are still stocked) now conform to the Fram numbering system.

Thanks. I was just at Wal-Mart today and noticed that they didn't have any ST2808 filters in stock. I guess I'll have to check for ST3593A now.

Champion Labs "retired" the ST 2808 over a year ago. Former applications calling for the 2808 are now re-directed to the 3593A. From what I've casually observed, STs (what few are still stocked) now conform to the Fram numbering system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back