how important are miles when car shoppping

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd worry more about years than miles. It really depends on the condition, if it is all highway and maintained well it should be OK, but it is not for someone who has never learned how to inspect a car and never did any maintenance work themselves.

Well, since I own a high mileage car (180k), I know what automobiles are capable of. Granted, I purchased this one new. If I knew a vehicle's previous owner and history, it would not bother me as long as it is priced accordingly. Risk/benefit, higher miles equal higher risk, benefit of lower price for taking the risk.

It depends on how the car was driven and how well the car was maintained. My Buick has been getting an oil change every 2000 miles since I bought it from the original owner in 2005. It just so happens that 2000 miles arrives at the 6 month oil change mark.

My father purchased used cars with varying mileage ever since coming to the states in the 70's. Mostly Gm station wagons but for the price and having to raise a family he rarely had issues besides the normal wear and tear and maintenance items. Drove all of them into the 200-300k range as a third owner.

Really depends on the car and today more than ever the owner. The older generation imo were more maintenance aware than todays (besides us bitog members)

150k for a BITOGER is just breaking in no matter the car manufacture.

My daily driver is a 95 V6 Nissan Pickup with 170k ,and it's showing no signs of slowing down. I drive it confidently 430 miles a week for my work commute.

My dad daily drives his 01 Supercharged Frontier with 255k. All electronics and vehicle systems work perfectly except the factory 6 disc CD changer stopped working awhile ago. This truck still has the OEM starter , and alternator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back