Heavy Duty Clutch Master

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if anyone offers a heavy duty clutch master cylinder for the 1988-98 Chevrolet/GMC half ton pickups. I drive my '91 Sierra hard, and typically never lift my left foot from the clutch pedal. I don't hold it in as I drive, but my foot rest there, and I believe that is wearing out my clutch masters prematurely. I've looked into the issue enough to know that it is the clutch master, not the slave.

Originally Posted By: Red91
I'm wondering if anyone offers a heavy duty clutch master cylinder for the 1988-98 Chevrolet/GMC half ton pickups. I drive my '91 Sierra hard, and typically never lift my left foot from the clutch pedal. I don't hold it in as I drive, but my foot rest there, and I believe that is wearing out my clutch masters prematurely. I've looked into the issue enough to know that it is the clutch master, not the slave.

i maintain a 1991 c1500 and it has gone through 4 clutch master cylinders recently. all from napa, autozone. i am about to try oem if the latest napa fails. i believe it is the quality of the parts that is the problem.

Originally Posted By: Red91
That is completely and entirely not an answer to the question I asked.

Yet it fixes the root cause of the problem.

Sounds like the solution to me!
laugh.gif

There are companies that produce high performance clutches for this truck, so naturally I'd hope there would be high performance clutch masters a well. I do a lot of town driving so there is hardly ever a reason to rest my foot somewhere else. So no, that is not a solution to my problem. If anyone has useful information, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, why bother commenting? This is a serious question posted in search of serious answers.

I just checked RockAuto for you and they have many differnet brands of clutch m/cs available for your truck - Exedy, Sachs, Luk, Delco etc. I personally would pick Exedy since Exedy/Daikin make high quality components.

Originally Posted By: George7941
I just checked RockAuto for you and they have many differnet brands of clutch m/cs available for your truck - Exedy, Sachs, Luk, Delco etc. I personally would pick Exedy since Exedy/Daikin make high quality components.

Yes, and I believe that Tick Performance also makes an all alloy (no plastic, like the OEM/replacement ones), adjustable master for most GM manual gearboxes as well.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back