hay baba hold my coke and watch this

Status
Not open for further replies.
While Park Assist is available on many US cars, Park Assist for ships is still a few years off.

Originally Posted By: GreeCguy
Cool. I'm guessing this is the scrap yard?

You would be spot on. They beach them (usually in poor countries like Pakistan where there is no OSHA or EPA) and then drain the fluids and start cutting them up. As the ships are cut up for scrap, they are hauled farther in on the beach...you can see the pulleys and chains for the two ships next to the one being run aground...

Thought the pilot/helm did an outstanding job of fitting it in there...likely better than mere park assist could manage...

Last edited:
I wouldn't have been comfortable standing stationary so close to an oncoming ship at full throttle, but I guess they've seen enough of them to gauge how far they will come in.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Originally Posted By: GreeCguy
Cool. I'm guessing this is the scrap yard?

You would be spot on. They beach them (usually in poor countries like Pakistan where there is no OSHA or EPA) and then drain the fluids and start cutting them up. As the ships are cut up for scrap, they are hauled farther in on the beach...you can see the pulleys and chains for the two ships next to the one being run aground...

Thought the pilot/helm did an outstanding job of fitting it in there...likely better than mere park assist could manage...

That looks to be in Turkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back