New pennzoil platinum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone read about the new formulation? It's made from natural gas! They call it pure plus.. But I'm surprised they don't have anything on the net yet..

Originally Posted By: choi0706
Has anyone read about the new formulation? It's made from natural gas! They call it pure plus.. But I'm surprised they don't have anything on the net yet..

Where did you get this "Pure Plus" branding info from?

It is very possible that something like that would be the marketing face of GTL.

To persuade the average oil buyer that they have something better than synthetic they have settled on describing it as more pure and reinforced that with a "plus". I wonder if that will be. "+"?

The first negative that springs to mind is that it steps on Purolators branding.

I also think that they figured that Mobil did well with its "plus" version ie EP and that another sub brand wouldn't work, so they're taking the Platinum name and making a Plus version of it.

Platinum is their best selling synthetic, Platinum Plus makes a lot more sense to me as a second generation PP than Pure Plus.

The real question I have, is this product really any better than PU? Or is this the marketing department hard at work? It always appeared, at least to me and several others they really dropped the ball with the marketing of PU. PU IMO is a great product with an identity problem due to poor marketing. GTL is nothing new to Pennzoil.

Maybe this will set things straight.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
The real question I have, is this product really any better than PU? .

From what I have read, it seems folks around here had the same reaction to PU when it came out after PP.

Just have to wait and see I guess

Originally Posted By: jamesyarbrough
The real question I have, is this product really any better than PU? .

From what I have read, it seems folks around here had the same reaction to PU when it came out after PP.

Just have to wait and see I guess

This is true. If Pennzoil does it right we will be calling it their best oil ever, based on what they leak out about it, and who takes the ball and runs with it. You know, how it cleans better, reduces wear, lasts longer, and improves mpgs over their other products. This can all happen before a drop of it is poured into any of our engines if marketing really does their job here. For the record I think Pennzoil makes some fantastic products, so this isn't me flaming them. I anxiously await the official launch!

I anxiously await clearance sales on PU.
lol.gif

Its a big seller here so its always on the shelf at full price.

The real question I have, is this product really any better than PU?

Exactly. Oil marketing is getting out of hand. Almost laughable.

Rumor has it, the new formulation will be 100% Pennsylvania crude oil, double refined and the secret ingredient is Z-7.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: PhillyJoe
Rumor has it, the new formulation will be 100% Pennsylvania crude oil, double refined and the secret ingredient is Z-7.
smile.gif

I see what you did there.... Lol. I would love to clear somebody out of ultra for cheap.

oh man I can't wait if Penn Ultra goes on Clearance.. even though I'm a Amsoil Dealer ill clear someone out. And use it in extended family vehicles.

I saw some of those bottles advertising "made from natural gas" at my Walmart yesterday. It was only on some of the 5w30 quarts so far. The rest of the Platinum was the familiar bottle. I wonder if this is a new formulation and will replace the old. My Wally has not had Ultra for awhile.

Is this the big product announcement they were talking about? I wonder if they are going to be using GTL in all of their oils...

I also wonder why it is already showing up in stores before marketing it at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back