2004 Honda Accord EX 2.4L ATF UOA @ 113k

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear by the 3qt drain and fill for all Honda's, once per year. Its a little over kill for 4 bangers, but its spot on for all trans paired to a Honda V6.

2004AccordATF113kSept2011.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: satinsilver
Lots of hwy miles or 50/50? Looks excellent.

+1??? I do a yearly drain and fill as well. Looks great!

I do the same 3 quart drain every 20-25,000 in my 95 accord. 380,000 miles on the original auto trans.

Maybe...
The few [censored] analyses I've seen of Honda's 'new' DW-1 show just a tiny bit of phos, and very roughly 350 ppm zinc. I'll have an analysis of some DW-1 later today or tomorrow from a local lab, so I can add that to the discussion if it's useful.

Originally Posted By: bulwnkl
Maybe...
The few [censored] analyses I've seen of Honda's 'new' DW-1 show just a tiny bit of phos, and very roughly 350 ppm zinc. I'll have an analysis of some DW-1 later today or tomorrow from a local lab, so I can add that to the discussion if it's useful.

A VOA of the current fluid is always useful in order to obtain a baseline of the fluid for comparison to the UOA.

Originally Posted By: bulwnkl
Maybe...

Yep you are correct bulwnkl.

I just found a VOA of Z-1 and the zinc was 380, phos was 2, just the opposite of Chrysler and GM fluids.

Did the OP ever identify the fluid as to whether it was Z-1 or DW-1?

Last edited:
I don't think so; It would be helpful for OP to verify which it is/was.

And also: The thing the board censored was just the initials for BlackStone labs.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back