oversized oil filter for 6.5 turbo diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
anybody know of an oversized oil filter for a 97 gmc with the 6.5 turbo diesel. right now i am using a carquest(wix) filter and i have used fram in the past. i would like to find a larger filter and i guess i would probably lean towards fleetguard, wix, or baldwin. any other suggestions are welcome.

patriot.gif

I'm assuming your using a PH5 style filter? I have seen one larger, but it didn't have an anti-drainback valve.

-T

thanks for the info guys

yeah i need the anti-drainback valve because i have a 4x4.

if there isn't one out there i will probably stay with the wix or carquest since they are easy to get.

patriot.gif

Steiner,

I used to run Baldwin B1428's on my 98 Chevy 6.5 TD with good results (have a Duramax now). Baldwin (and others) also make one and two quart long versions of this filter (B6 and B7) but as T pointed out they don't have the anti-drain back valves. My 98 was a 4WD and the filter needed the anti-drainback because it mounted to a 90 deg adapter that made clearance for the front drive shaft. If you have a 2WD the long filters (w/o the antidrainback) should work fine since (IIRC) the filter hangs straight down from the block.

smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back