It's incredible how different you feel...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: itguy08
And I've never understood the obscession with drinking large quantities of water. It's been said as long as your urine isn't dark yellow you are getting enough water. Not to mention your body gets plenty of water from food and drink and I think the huge quantities of water is more a placebo.

I never did either esp when I was 255lbs. The only thing I noticed is going more often which became old real quick. Now that I'm 207 lbs I notice the effects much more. Esp when using it to eat less food. Lost 3 lbs last week, whats up.

I quit Aspertame a couple of years ago, and shortly after that I no longer needed any medication for migranes. In the last 2 years, I haven't had one migrane. I wish I'd have found out how bad that stuff was 10 years ago.

Aspertame is digested by the human body into many products, two of them being formaldehyde and methanol. Both are poisionous to the human body, even in small quantities.

I've also been trying to reduce my intake of any soda, but in the meantime I've tried to select ones with real sugar or at least some sucralose in place of some of the HFCS. No headaches yet.

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
Originally Posted By: itguy08
And I've never understood the obscession with drinking large quantities of water. It's been said as long as your urine isn't dark yellow you are getting enough water. Not to mention your body gets plenty of water from food and drink and I think the huge quantities of water is more a placebo.

I never did either esp when I was 255lbs. The only thing I noticed is going more often which became old real quick. Now that I'm 207 lbs I notice the effects much more. Esp when using it to eat less food. Lost 3 lbs last week, whats up.

Not to disparage in the slightest, but I also don't understand the drinking of fairly large quantities of water. I recall this trend starting about 20 years ago. Since then, it seems to be some sort of fad. The explosion of the bottled water market certainly had something to do with this in my opinion. Personally, I've tried it. I noticed nothing in the way of feeling any better or any other benefit that I could perceive. I certainly got tired of going to a restroom so much. In my mind one should drink water when thirsty (of course), while in a hot environment, during or after exercise, and pretty much anytime before you expect not to have any available for a few hours. Common sense and listening to ones body. Also, I am a big believer in not forcing anything in large quantity into ones body....including more water than you feel like drinking. To me....that would be an unnatural act and hard to justify from any health standpoint.
Just my opinion once again.

Last edited:
I used to drink a lot of diet pop with Aspartame. I noticed I had dark circles under my eyes and they itched too. I tried more water, no alcohol, and a few other things with no results. When I cut out the Aspertane I started to get better and then the dark circles and itching went away completely.

About five times I have gone back to drinking diet pop with aspartame and the symptoms come back quickly.

Originally Posted By: redhat
Just as the title says, it's incredible how different you feel without consuming artificial sweeteners.

I guess I started around the last week of November or so, but I decided that enough was enough with artificial sweeteners. I have always known about how there was some negativity on using sweeteners such as aspartame, but I never really read into it. I was poking around on the internet one night and learned a lot. I used to drink a LOT of diet pop. It wouldn't be odd at all to consume one or two 2-liter bottles of Diet Pepsi a day or use a couple of packets of Splenda or Equal in a cup of coffee.

Fast forward to present... hardly any pop, an occasional Sprite maybe once every couple weeks. Coffee with just cream, and plenty of water. Also when I'm in the mood for some bubbly, I've found that lemon lime seltzer with some lemon juice isn't too bad. I actually now prefer coffee with just cream and kinda cringe remembering how sweet I used to take it. I feel so much more energized. It is as if I was wearing sunglasses at night and just took them off. I used to feel as if I was wearing a pair of blinders.

The change is ridiculous. Anyone else ever experience something similar? Needless to say, no more of the fake stuff. If anything needs to be sweet, I'll use some regular sugar.

Same here. I find they can make my stomach grip too.

Originally Posted By: 71Chevyguy
Going to get progressively harder to avoid the stuff as they load it into everything.

Same with HFCS, sadly enough, and I avoid it like the plague, even though some of the midwestern aggie types on here will understandably try to refute the reasons for it's being universally dissed by the medical/health communities, and as a possible catalyst for pancreatic cancer.

So I was at my Dr.'s today for my monthly inspection and script renewals for my back meds.
Last month I weighed in at 230 pounds. I got on his scale the same day I bought that nutri-bullet or whatever it's called. I weighed in at 217 today. So in 30 days I lost 13 pounds.
I am a creature if habit. The only change that was made was drinking 1 or 2 of those fruit/veggie blends daily.
Now to be honest I never really eat during the day. So I drink one of these in the morning basically breakfast,that I never ate previously and I'll drink one at night sometime before or after supper.
So using this thing,drinking a fruit/veggie blast has contributed to me feeling quite a bit more energetic,my skin even looks better,glowing kinda,and I've lost significant weight.
We'll see what I weigh next month. I'll keep drinking these things and I'll update from there.

Just as the title says, it's incredible how different you feel without consuming artificial sweeteners.

Congratulations. Just think how much better you'll feel when you also transition your food lifestyle to a balanced, whole food diet.

The real payoff will be when you get older. I don't know your current age, but it's a great feeling when you reach your 50's and 60's and can work/exercise circles around a lot of guys half your age. When you see overweight 50 year olds huffing and puffing to walk a few feet into a grocery store, and you're old enough to be their dad and you park at the far end of the lot because you enjoy the extra exercise you'll realize that the years of healthy eating have paid off handsomely.

Not to mention the money you'll save on medications and supplements that the healthcare and vitamin industry try to sell you just to "feel good", when all it takes is a healthy diet and exercise.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

Congratulations. Just think how much better you'll feel when you also transition your food lifestyle to a balanced, whole food diet.

The real payoff will be when you get older. I don't know your current age, but it's a great feeling when you reach your 50's and 60's and can work/exercise circles around a lot of guys half your age. When you see overweight 50 year olds huffing and puffing to walk a few feet into a grocery store, and you're old enough to be their dad and you park at the far end of the lot because you enjoy the extra exercise you'll realize that the years of healthy eating have paid off handsomely.

Not to mention the money you'll save on medications and supplements that the healthcare and vitamin industry try to sell you just to "feel good", when all it takes is a healthy diet and exercise.

I am 23 and admittedly, am overweight. One of my main goals is to shed some and become and remain more active. This whole deal here has really inspired me and I just want to keep going.

A big thing that I think is a problem for many people (which then leads to being unhealthy/overweight) is that eating/going out to eat/meals are such a social event. I won't lie, I was/am guilty of it too. You know... have a meal but don't make it your main event or objective for the day.

A couple of years ago, I bought a 2012 Jamis Trail X2 in Mango that I really enjoy to ride. I get tired quick but keep pushing further and definitely want to keep going.

I want to live a long healthy life...
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: stro_cruiser
My morning smoothie recipe for ya:

half of a frozen organic banana
Handful of organic goji berries
handful of raw organic almonds.
1 avocado
pH 9.5 Kangen Water
1 heaped tsp of organic wheatgrass powder
1 tsp of organic maca
1 scoop of Vega All-in-one Nutritional shake mix (french vanilla flavor)

Tastes yummy and is PACKED with awesomeness!!
smile.gif

This looks good and will have to try it sometime. Thanks.

To answer the question about drinking lots of water; I drink lots of water to keep myself from snacking on the wrong food items. Often, I squeeze some lemon in the water. Sometimes, I heat the water and sip it in a dark coffee mug to simulate drinking coffee while watching on the labtop, TV or reading. This also helps me to cut back on my coffee intake. I gotta do somethin'!

I buy most of my stuff from Wholefoods and even though I enjoy [censored] I try to eat well.

I'm lucky in that I don't really care for sweet things, so I have always avoided sugar and sweeteners.

Last edited:
I'm 70 yrs old now, if I wake up warm and able to get around and of good mind I don't much care anymore. Life is good.

I drink alot of water per day. Sometimes these things are psychological, but I feel better drinking the water than not. It also fills my stomach in a way that I do not need to snack much during the day.

On a free health website one of the daily goal choices is drinking 10 cups of water or more. Incorporating 5 daily goals out of many various choices in the upper right hand corner has helped. In the middle there's a section to plug in your age, height, weight and it gives you a weight loss goal. It's free but they make their money from the advertisements. My friend from college started it.

www.sparkpeople.com

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Pssst... guess what your brain is made of...

Egg, just like that old commercial said.

For me, the thing that has the biggest effect on how I feel is exercise/activity. My joints feel better, I sleep better... just all around better.

I am 23 and admittedly, am overweight. One of my main goals is to shed some and become and remain more active. This whole deal here has really inspired me and I just want to keep going.

Outstanding. You're young enough so it will make a real difference. Make sure you understand that it's a lifestyle change that you've made, and you're not just going on a diet. Otherwise you risk putting it back on, and if that happens the pounds return and bring reinforcements with them.

Keep up the good work.

A big thing that I think is a problem for many people (which then leads to being unhealthy/overweight) is that eating/going out to eat/meals are such a social event. I won't lie, I was/am guilty of it too. You know... have a meal but don't make it your main event or objective for the day.

I agree with you. Someone once told me a catch phrase that stuck with me. "Eat to live, don't live to eat".

It's something I've tried to remember to use as a guideline when I prepare food, or on the rare occasion we eat out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back