'06 Taurii Vulcan

Status
Not open for further replies.
First UOA'er here
smile.gif

This is the second run of PP 0w-20 in the 45k old '06 Taurus; With new FL-400s @ OCI

Run was for 4-4.5k ish miles, I know it's a waste but I was scared
eek.gif

Now I'm not
grin.gif

Driving style is, Well, Harsh.... Cold starts for 5-10 mile trips around Suburban NYC, Occasional Jaunts down a freeway to burn off condensation and fuel.

I shall push forward to 6 or 7k next time

analysis_zps12137520.gif

Everything looks excellent!

The add pack looks very similar to that on polarbear1979's uoa of PP from last week. Maybe PP along with QSUD have new formulas. Maybe polarbear really had PP in his car after all. Looks good anyway!

It has way more moly and boron than pqia's VOA of the PP 5w30.

I'm running 5w30 synthetics in a Duratec for 6.5k mile intervals of 14 months.

I'm too cheap to get UOAs though. My start up temps are better than yours, short trips are shorter but the freeway trips are nice and long.

Your silicon at 14 ppm isn't stellar, but i don't believe it's horrible. Seems like at 4,000 miles it could be a good bit lower, though. Maybe check air filter fitment and look for other small leak possibilities. Could be the filter isn't the best, either.

While there's room for improvement, don't fret too much yet.

Originally Posted By: dustyroads
Your silicon at 14 ppm isn't stellar, but i don't believe it's horrible. Seems like at 4,000 miles it could be a good bit lower, though. Maybe check air filter fitment and look for other small leak possibilities. Could be the filter isn't the best, either.

While there's room for improvement, don't fret too much yet.

I had put a new PureONE air filter, and Cleaned the MAF/TB less then 5k ago
Once the NE defrost's, I'm going to have to look into this
eek.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back