When to introduce synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I'm new to the forum. I had a look around and it seems there's a wealth of information here.

I have a question and I'm sure it's been asked a million times over, but can"t seem to find the answer.

I own a Yamaha 700 Grizzly with 3000kms (1864 miles). The bike had one oil change so far and now I would like to change over to full synthetic. How many kms (miles) should be on the bike before the change over or does it really matter?

Thank you for your time.
Frank

Originally Posted By: 1quad1
Hi all, I'm new to the forum. I had a look around and it seems there's a wealth of information here.

I have a question and I'm sure it's been asked a million times over, but can"t seem to find the answer.

I own a Yamaha 700 Grizzly with 3000kms (1864 miles). The bike had one oil change so far and now I would like to change over to full synthetic. How many kms (miles) should be on the bike before the change over or does it really matter?

Thank you for your time.
Frank

It does not matter when you make the switch. Tons of motors come with synthetic from the factory.

Originally Posted By: dparm
It does not matter when you make the switch. Tons of motors come with synthetic from the factory.

+1

Yep, what all the others said. I feel comfortable changing to synthetic at 10 hours on my new engines. I could probably switch sooner, but it's not hurting to leave the factory fill in for that long anyway. Do you know how many hours are on the engine? If more than ten, go for it.

Originally Posted By: ccdhowell
Yep, what all the others said. I feel comfortable changing to synthetic at 10 hours on my new engines. I could probably switch sooner, but it's not hurting to leave the factory fill in for that long anyway. Do you know how many hours are on the engine? If more than ten, go for it.

Hi ccdhowell, the engine has about 185 good hours. The bike was never driven hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back