Look what is happening on my new 2014 Mustang GT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My last Hyundai was awesome, 124,000 trouble free miles from my 07 Elantra, I'd give Hyundai a close look too. My choices were the cx-9, Toyota highlander, Durango, Traverse and Santa Fe.

They were all nice, I wanted the Hyundai or highlander ( my favorite of the bunch) but the wife wanted something " American", she's a hard core GM fan but the traverse and Acadia just don't appeal to me. She loves the EX but doesn't notice issues like I do.

Best of luck and let me know if you have any more questions.

Last edited:
We have a 2013 Hyundai Elantra on lease. Wife drives it and likes it OK, I'm less of a fan. The three row Santa Fes look small in the showroom. Might look at a CX-9. Not many choices in the large CUV category.

Just an update. I called the dealer today to see if the regional rep had called and told them I was going to bring the car in Friday to have them look at it again. I talked to the SA that I had been dealing with. He said his service manager had talked to the rep but he didn't know what was going on but that he would find out. I called back in the afternoon and he told me that he had ordered the part and that the rep had told them to fix it. He said he would call me to set up an appointment when the part came in.

I also got a call from the regional rep after I got home and he said that he had reviewed my case further and that the dealership was going to fix the issue. I thanked him for his assistance with this matter.

Deysha, the online Ford rep also contacted me by PM on one of the Mustang forums yesterday and wanted to know some additional info. It sounded like she was also trying to do something. I replied back to her and gave her some info as well as my opinion and feelings on this matter. I sent her a PM a little while ago thanking her for any help that she may have given me.

I'm just glad that Ford stepped up and did the right thing and hopefully other people with this issue can get their problem solved. In my case, I was persistent but professional and made some good arguments. I'm not sure what it was that ultimately changed their mind but I'm glad they did. Maybe they just wanted me to go away. LOL

Wayne

Originally Posted By: wtd

I'm just glad that Ford stepped up and did the right thing and hopefully other people with this issue can get their problem solved. In my case, I was persistent but professional and made some good arguments. I'm not sure what it was that ultimately changed their mind but I'm glad they did. Maybe they just wanted me to go away. LOL

Wayne

The biggest motivator was social media, like this website and others you posted on, word gets around REALLY fast and it WILL hurt their business. It wasn't Ford wasn't being noble it was being practical. But it is good that the problem is being fixed.

The question is WHY did you have to go this far to get THEIR defect fixed in the first place? That is poor customer service.

Did you send the letter to the President's office? I thought you did send email but not postal mail to that office. If that is the case, somebody there must have read your email.

I've found that in most cases they do read the e-mail. I sent an email to GM complaining about the low USA parts content in the new Silverado and actually got a reply.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Did you send the letter to the President's office? I thought you did send email but not postal mail to that office. If that is the case, somebody there must have read your email.

I had not sent any postal mail yet as I was going to wait until I took the car back in to see what they were going to do. At this point, I'm not sure which avenue I used made the difference since I had been in contact with the regional rep, the forum rep, and writing the email all in the last week or so.

I know that after my conversation with the regional rep and me making some of the points that I made, that seemed to make some type of impression on him so that he was willing to contact the second dealership again and talk to them about the situation. I'm just glad that it's going to be fixed and hopefully the replacement screen won't have issues.

Wayne

Glad they took care of you. I had a customer come into parts today that service didn't want to warranty a part for, and I basically pulled seniority on the service writers to make it happen. This was over a $40 part that needed no labor charge to install. As much as I want to sell stuff over the counter, making a customer happy when you can figure out how to get warranty to cover it is priceless.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Glad they took care of you. I had a customer come into parts today that service didn't want to warranty a part for, and I basically pulled seniority on the service writers to make it happen. This was over a $40 part that needed no labor charge to install. As much as I want to sell stuff over the counter, making a customer happy when you can figure out how to get warranty to cover it is priceless.

I think for a lot of dealers, money overshadows customer service. CS seems to be sorely lacking around here. I'm glad that you are able to help people out when you can. I'm sure that customer will come back to you and spend some money on parts in the future.

I know I don't plan on buying anything from the first dealer I visited who originally denied me warranty. I think he made the situation worse from there on out.

Wayne

Well, my screen is now fixed. I got it installed today after work. I think they may have also replaced the radio but I'm not sure. I didn't look at my paperwork until I had already left. Here is what some of the work order says.

Customer states radio display is delaminating. -SOP-
Approved by Ford Customer SAT.
Caused by flaw in material
Corrected by (A07) (D4) Audio Unit Part number- Acquire and order.
Corrected by Audio Unit- replace.
Inspect, verified concern, removed and replaced radio unit as needed. retest.

I'm not sure that replacing the radio was necessary if that is what they did since the screen that was part of the front panel seemed to be the problem and not the screen that was actually attached to the radio itself. I had never asked that the radio be replaced but maybe that is part of the SSM procedure.

There is now a blue line in the radio display when the radio is on that separates the outside temperature from the channel info that I don't recall being there before. The display also says "Mustang" for a few seconds when you first turn on the car so maybe they did in fact also replace the radio.

There doesn't seem to be any mention of the front panel being replaced on the work order unless either the (A07) or (D4) refer to the panel.

I'm glad it's fixed and again want to thank Deysha and whoever else at Ford that helped make this happen.

Wayne

A07 and D4 are filing codes IIRC. There will not be a part number billed out because audio components are exchange basis only on warranty ROs. The dealers do not make any money on the parts end of a warranty RO.

There is now a blue line in the radio display when the radio is on that separates the outside temperature from the channel info that I don't recall being there before.

That sucks - I would hate having a blue line on my radio. You should take the car back and tell them you've had it - you want the whole car replaced this time.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
There is now a blue line in the radio display when the radio is on that separates the outside temperature from the channel info that I don't recall being there before.

That sucks - I would hate having a blue line on my radio. You should take the car back and tell them you've had it - you want the whole car replaced this time.

This sounds like an intentional divider line FWIW.

Here are a couple of pictures of the new screen and the radio display with the blue line and "Mustang" in the display. I also included one of the damaged screen before it was fixed.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Is it that vertical line off to the right? If so I have seen that before on some models. BTW I am jealous that you get 10 presets.

Yes, the one next to the outside temp display. I didn't have that before the repair or the word "Mustang" when you first turn on the car.

Which radio do you have in your car? I don't have all 10 preset because there are not ten stations around here that I like to listen to.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back