Fram Ultra Filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are lots of fans of the Fram Ultra here. (not so much with the standard orange cans)

very nice filter! I have used many!

Ultra is what looks to be the best full synthetic filter out there right now, and the price isn't bad either.
thumbsup2.gif

The Fram Ultra is one of the most respected filters here on BITOG. It is considered to be a very good choice for extended oil change intervals. The only criticism I have seen is that it is a little pricey. But Fram runs rebates quite often.

Ran a just finished using a fram ultra cartridge in my Cobalt. Hands down the best filter I've run in this car....will be running these again...

I have ran, and cut open them. They are of very good construction, I did run into an issue the one time I ran it, it made my engine knock upon start up after an oil change, and I heard more ticking than normal on start up with the subsequent starts. However I am giving it another shot, it will go on the Accord the next OCI with some TGMO or M1 0w20 in the sump.

CAM001091_zps3f0b2a68.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tomcat27
There are lots of fans of the Fram Ultra here. (not so much with the standard orange cans)

very nice filter! I have used many!

FRAM did a great job on the FU.
thumbsup2.gif

I like the OCOD too.....when target shooting at it that orange paint makes it easy to see.
crackmeup2.gif

If I'm ever in Cajun country Blue I'm gonna sneak a PH3600 on your truck if only to see your face when you finally find it!
laugh.gif

The Ultra is an excellent filter no doubt and ironically a value leader in the segment, polar opposite of one of the primary gripes about the orange can.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
If I'm ever in Cajun country Blue I'm gonna sneak a PH3600 on your truck if only to see your face when you finally find it!
laugh.gif

That's funny.
lol.gif

My cousin uses the 3614 OCOD on his Toyota Tacoma because he saw John Force and Don Garlits use the OCOD on their race engines.
crackmeup2.gif

laugh.gif

Guess BOF's engine will be full of bullet holes after that.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
My cousin uses the 3614 OCOD on his Toyota Tacoma because he saw John Force and Don Garlits use the OCOD on their race engines.
crackmeup2.gif

The FRAM racing filters are orange too I believe. No way John Force really used a OCOD you and I can guy at AutoZone.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
laugh.gif

Guess BOF's engine will be full of bullet holes after that.
laugh.gif

I can see now that I will have to put an attack crawfish under my hood.

Thanks guys. Guess I'll be making this my normal filter of choice. I have no problem paying extra for good quality.

See if your local Walmart carries the Ultra for your vehicle ... price is about $9 there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back