Toyota Corolla 2011 - which 0 or 5W-20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Bandito440
He's in Finland folks.

What 0w-20 is reasonably priced and easy to obtain?

M1 is easy as it is available in local parts store. Not cheap but that's not the deciding factor.

Originally Posted By: Danno
Just a thought. At what price does the Toyota dealer sell the TGMO 0W-20 oil for? $5.70 per liter in Canada.

I will see that tomorrow. TGMO 5W-30 was about - hold on to your chair - 90 euros per 5 litres.

Thanks for all the comments.

I will see what the webshop will sell TGMO 0W-20 for and then present the possibilities to my dad. He has been using Mobil since 60s so I think he will pass on everything else and go with M1. We'll see.

Thanks again, gents.

Originally Posted By: lubedude13
The 2011 corolla specifies 0w20. If 5w20 is used it states to go back to the 0w next oil change. Of the above listings I'd either go with Honda full synthetic or toyota. The Honda oil is made by conoco phillips which I highly recommend. You could join amsoils preferred customer program and order amsoil oe 0w20 which comes in around $5.85 a quart shipped tax included

That's for the US spec, and OP is in Finland. The 1.6 engine in the corolla is not even available in the US. Outside of the US Toyota usually recommends anything from 0w20 to 20 w50 based on ambient temperature.

Confidence in a product is important.

The right choice is Mobil 1 0W-20.

What does lunch cost in Finland in US$?

Lunch is about 1 1/2 quarts of M1 in the US.

Originally Posted By: zeuloa
...Outside of the US Toyota usually recommends anything from 0w20 to 20w50 based on ambient temperature.

That is correct. 0W20 is recommendation in the manual but just about any viscosity is allowed depending on temperature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back