Kendall GT-1 Synthetic 5w30 VOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI
img152_zpsbb0b2ab4.jpg

I plan to on my next OC. Picked up two cases from PSC for $5.03qt delivered to my door.

To anyone who may care to read this, sorry for posting on an old thread, but is this sample for Full Synthetic or Semi-Syn Blend? I am currently running Kendall GT-1 Semi-Syn 5w-30 in my truck, so either way, it's nice to know that Kendall makes some good stuff.

I read this as full syn. Semi-syn is probably good for at least 5000-7500 miles. Roughly speaking of course.

Semi synthetic GT-1 is also very good. It is a blend of Korean Group III and Group II. With 80 ppm of Ti and Mo. I just changed oil for my Ford Explorer with the GT-1 blend. The Ford Explorer oil filter is located at the odd location that when you take it off, used oil will pour on the LCA and to the driver way. Don't want to mess with it any more. Pay $19.00 let local garage do it. Plan 5K OCI.

Originally Posted By: Maxima97
Semi synthetic GT-1 is also very good. It is a blend of Korean Group III and Group II. With 80 ppm of Ti and Mo. I just changed oil for my Ford Explorer with the GT-1 blend. The Ford Explorer oil filter is located at the odd location that when you take it off, used oil will pour on the LCA and to the driver way. Don't want to mess with it any more. Pay $19.00 let local garage do it. Plan 5K OCI.

Just out of curiosity, what engine is in your Explorer? My mother has a '96 with the old OHV 4.0, and I'll admit that Ford does make the filters go in a weird position sometimes on various engines, but I've never gotten any oil anywhere but in the pan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back