MSDS - Citgo Supertech oil / Wpp bottle supplier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
Most recent/available MSDS says CITGO makes SuperTech 5w30 synthetic.

WPP website says it makes MAG1 and others, but no mention of Supertech. From the links below, I'd say Wpp only supplies the bottles, not the oil.

http://msds.walmartstores.com/

http://www.wd-wpp.com/international.html

MSDS ST 5W30 SYN:

Issuing Date 31-Aug-2012
Revision Date 31-Aug-2012
1. PRODUCT AND COMPANY IDENTIFICATION SUPER TECH
Product Name SUPER TECH
Recommended Use Automotive (motor) oil.
Supplier Address
CITGO Petroleum Corporation 1293 Eldridge Parkway Houston TX 77077 US Phone:800-424-9300 Contact:phillip Thompson Email:p[email protected] Contact Phone918-495-5150

Distributor
Wal-Mart Stores Incorporated Bentonville, AR USA 72716

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: wemay
Most recent/available MSDS says CITGO makes SuperTech 5w30 synthetic.

WPP website says it makes MAG1 and others, but no mention of Supertech. From the links below, I'd say Wpp only supplies the bottles, not the oil.

http://msds.walmartstores.com/

http://www.wd-wpp.com/international.html

MSDS ST 5W30 SYN:

Issuing Date 31-Aug-2012
Revision Date 31-Aug-2012
1. PRODUCT AND COMPANY IDENTIFICATION SUPER TECH
Product Name SUPER TECH
Recommended Use Automotive (motor) oil.
Supplier Address
CITGO Petroleum Corporation 1293 Eldridge Parkway Houston TX 77077 US Phone:800-424-9300 Contact:phillip Thompson Email:p[email protected] Contact Phone918-495-5150
WARNING!
Distributor
Wal-Mart Stores Incorporated Bentonville, AR USA 72716

It's regional. WPP will give you a super tech PDS if you email and ask them. Of course t hey are not going to list on their website who they make private labels for. It owns the other brands, that's why they're on the website. Walmart has many suppiers, wpp, citgo, Mobil, and sometimes Sopus.

Ah, got it. Makes sense for the most part. But why only mention CITGO in the Walmart MSDS look up site?

Last edited:
I don't think that WPP is going to bottle oil for Citgo and put WPP/WSE/WNE on the bottom of the bottle. I also would think that Citgo would more than likely use their own bottles as does Mobil since they too are a supplier of Super Tech

If there is no WPP etc. then most likely WPP is not a supplier in any way with this product.

Super Tech is bottled by different suppliers in different regions of the country. Super Tech is or has been supplied by WPP,SOPUS,MOBIL and Citgo depending on what area you live in and depending on what grade or type of oil.

Oil made by WPP will have either WPP,WNE or WSE on the bottom of the bottle. WPP blends oil for different companies such as Walmart and Tractor Supply to name just a couple.

WPP

I wonder if Citgo is just providing the base-stock for Warren. After all, Mobile/SOPUS/BP can pump their own, Ashland gets it from the vats behind NAPA/AA/AZ/etc. If you don't own the oil fields, you got to get it from somewhere, right?

I don't think the MSDS here has anything to do with Citgo supplying anything other than making ST for WM. Super Tech isn't a WPP brand, ST is a WM brand.

WPP,SOPUS etc. are only suppliers of the ST brand and do not own the name.

While it may be possible that Citgo is supplying WPP, WPP seems to have at one time and may still get their base stocks from Mobil. WPP also has a refinery called Heartland Petroleum.

As far as Ashland getting their oil from vats, which I think you mean as saying low quality
21.gif
Hopefully you're not saying this. Valvoline can and most likely gets it base stocks from Mobil etc. except for the possibility of the oils that are re-refined for Nextgen.

Valvoline has shown to make very good oils.

Originally Posted By: motorguy222
I don't think the MSDS here has anything to do with Citgo supplying anything other than making ST for WM. Super Tech isn't a WPP brand, ST is a WM brand.

WPP,SOPUS etc. are only suppliers of the ST brand and do not own the name.

While it may be possible that Citgo is supplying WPP, WPP seems to have at one time and may still get their base stocks from Mobil. WPP also has a refinery called Heartland Petroleum.

As far as Ashland getting their oil from vats, which I think you mean as saying low quality
21.gif
Hopefully you're not saying this. Valvoline can and most likely gets it base stocks from Mobil etc. except for the possibility of the oils that are re-refined for Nextgen.

+1. In my area it's WPP on the bottom of ST oil.

Valvoline gets its stock from Mobil?

Actually, wow, that is a very good question... Where does Ashland get its base stock oil?

Originally Posted By: motorguy222

21.gif

No, that was not the intent. I can see how it can be taken that way as a lot of folks think that recycled is worse than crude. No qualms about using recycled oil.

Now, I say recycled makes sense for Valvoline as they are a major brand not affiliated with a oil field/oceanic oil platform. Recycling makes sense for them. Do not support the competitors right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back