Anteater 2014 Formula One car unveiled

Status
Not open for further replies.
williams2014sp-lg.jpg

Too ugly for words...

If it wins, it's beautiful.
The upcoming F1 season is shrouded in mystery.
Will the new powertrains be reliable?
Will any cars finish the first race?

Who will first attempt to stick their Formula ***** nose straight up an opponent's Formula ***** single tailpipe? I'm torn between Maldonado and Perez....

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
If it wins, it's beautiful.
The upcoming F1 season is shrouded in mystery.
Will the new powertrains be reliable?
Will any cars finish the first race?

And who will take home the double-points prize at the very end?
grin.gif

(stupidest thing ever, for the record)

Argy-bargy-boardy.
lol.gif

Yes, they look more like alien insects more and more each year,

But I guess they could be called 'good looking' in a high tech sort of way.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Tosh

Too ugly for words...

They might as well just bring back 6 wheels and put a knife in it lol.

Looks aside, should be a super interesting year. Hopefully nobody pulls away too early in the season.

Sorry, but I predict the racing itself to be an unsatisfying mixup of reliability and fuel economy lotteries. Hopefully it's not too heartbreaking. But I have to remind myself that I follow F1 for the off-track shenanigans.

My wife and I agree the Ferrari looks like somebody painted a baby elephant in Ferrari red. And that the Renault oops Lotus looks like an earwig.

1390565600.jpg

More shocking than the looks of the cars is the fact that McLaren doesn't have a primary sponsor.

22533.jpg

It will take a while to desensitize my eyes. I see baby alien monster...

At least it looks better than the Ferrari with the elephant nose.

Originally Posted By: ag_ghost
Ferrari F14T:

http://grandprix247.com/2014/01/25/ferra...k-to-maranello/
Kevin

Read more http://grandprix247.com/2014/01/25/ferra...k-to-maranello/

From the linked article:
"However, new homes had to be found to accommodate an intercooler for the turbo-compressor system and to manage heat ejection from ERS components that is many times greater than that of their KERS antecedents. Given that more cooling allows more horsepower, but more cooling also damages downforce generation, it was necessary to decide very carefully on the correct level of overall cooling for the car to render the best lap time compromise between horsepower and downforce."

At this stage with a new car and unproven powertrain, I would be favoring larger cooling capacity over maximum downforce. Yes, the car may be slower, but it's more important to finish the races than to just make a few fast laps.

I really don't mind the looks of the Williams & McLaren. I've been a fan of this sport since the early 60's & have studied all of the formula's design interpretations since then. Departures from the status quo always require a certain period of adjustment. The previous generation of cars were, to my eye, pretty ugly - especially the last duck-billed modifications. At least the front of these cars is beginning to resemble what (IMO) race cars should look like from the front (a design based upon a low nose.) On this note, I think some of the most beautiful open-wheeled cars were the CART designs of the 90's.
Bill

My wife and I agree the Ferrari looks like somebody painted a baby elephant in Ferrari red. And that the Renault oops Lotus looks like an earwig.

1390565600.jpg

Except that the pincers are in the FRONT!!
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back