My Experiences with using TCW3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work at a boat,rv storage facility with over 370 units obtaining boats, watercraft or rvs of some sort....

Overs the years of working there, I've had many people tell me that after they used tcw3 as a additive during the boating season they've made little discoveries that made them keep using it...simple things like, the boat doesn't stall in the marina anymore, the generator starts up without a choke, the rv got 1 mpg more leaving last year and 2heading back

Little things that they felt adding it to their fuel was benefiting them....

Now (I) get a little more technical...

I started using it after I got my 97f150. She ran wonderful, no reason to add anything to it. Started like a champ, ran wonderful, pulled my 5000lb boat like a champ...

For 6 months, I religiously got 16.5, on my 11 drive to work... and 15.5 on the way home, my cold starts were ALWAYS 1550rpm (obd2 reader to my phone)

The day before I introduced tcw3 into the fuel system... I took a arrowhead bottle and filled it half way up, made 3marks (idle cold, idle hot, idle hot in gear) a I fixed it with Velcro to my dash...

After the first week, my mpg to work went up 1 mpg home, same as before
Second week, 2mpg on the way to work, and 1mpg home.
For a solid month after that (40gallons ish) I got 18.8on the way to work and 15.5on the way home.

At the end of the 3rd month, I topped out at 19.5-20.5 to work and 18 home...

My cold starts have become 1470ish and on mornings where I have the whole road to myself, I have reached 22mpg heading to work...

I know there are people who refuse to acknowledge (adding oil to gas increases mpg and cleans the motor) but I've been thrilled with my increase after getting the exact same mpg for 6months...

I'm even more thrilled with the Briggs motor that my buddys generator showed me with the cleaning properties of tcw3, his generator had 750hrs on it and I told him to add an Oz to his tank (5 gallon overhead tank) I pulled the head off of it when he serviced it and took a picture, he ran 15 gallons of gas through it and when I pulled the head off again, there was no carbon/flakes/build up like before and I read the numbers off the piston top! ( spent 2hrs doing both views and $15in head gaskets, so it was well worth the time and cash)

I know there's always gonna be the nay Sayers to adding the oil to your gas. So please don't ever follow my footsteps and do it! Its dangerous!!!

But along with my mpg increase, I run a rich mix to my pressure washer to keep the floats from sticking, it goes in my 85 350day cruiser, my 110inch Harley, and dads evo.

EVERYTHING I OWN THAT RUNS OFF GASOLINE !

Things that keep me using on a regular basis, are the situations I stumble upon at work.

A lady had a clogged injector on her pickup, she said it has been clogged for the last year, I put the mix in her fuel (she said to) and after 2weeks the motor smoothed out and the code went away.

I honestly can't count how many people started using it in desert toys or small engines or those that sit and become amazed how smooth everything becomes...

I've been using tcw3to treat gas for everyday use and storage or just to maintain a certain health to neglected things around the household. I strongly believe in it, I've had probably 80people come tell me how much they liked using it, I've told hundreds of people to use it in my time of working at a boat storage lot.

If possible, I'd prefer those who chime in to be users of the tcw3 oil and not those who hate it or don't use it, we've heard your side already of why its detrimental to motors and converters..

Although my co worker has been using it for 147000 miles in his 2010 Prius that has 214xxxmiles 😄

I did try a couple of tankfuls in my Prius and failed to detect any MPG change. However, there was a slight change in motor sound and the electric/gasoline (and vice versa) transitions became even less detectible than normally.

I stopped using it my cars (because it's messy), but keep using it in my boat (together with stabil).

TCW3 seems to have a pretty good following. I've read and heard many stories similar to yours, and have a few of my own.

Are you using the 1 ounce/5 gallons of gas you suggested to your friend for the generator? Have you experimented with a slightly stronger dose?

Originally Posted By: leroyd92

Although my co worker has been using it for 147000 miles in his 2010 Prius that has 214xxxmiles 😄

With what result? My prius is 2010 too.

He gained 3mpg in town and 2-4 highway, I know nothing about Prius mileage or whathaveyou so idk if that's crazy good or bad or what. Just what he said =)

If u don't like mess, so buy the one pint bottles at the store and acquire the pointed lid for gear oil, cut the top off the cap and use it for filling up, I always add the oil before fill up (there at the pump)

No mess at all my way !

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
TCW3 seems to have a pretty good following. I've read and heard many stories similar to yours, and have a few of my own.

Are you using the 1 ounce/5 gallons of gas you suggested to your friend for the generator? Have you experimented with a slightly stronger dose?

..and tcw3 works well in air-cooled 4-stroke engines?

Originally Posted By: Zaedock
Leroy, what drivetrain/configuration is your F150? 2-4WD? 4.2/4.6/5.4? Ex-cab?

97 expedition with the 5.4 2wd...

Before I got the truck the normal city mileage I heard was 15/16and 18 highway...

My drive to work is downhill for a mile and flat the rest of the way, 3stops and 85% 35mpg and a the rest is 45mph.

I start the truck, drop it in neutral, back "coast" out of the steep driveway and drive to work all while the motor is warming up (richer setting for the warm up process blahblahblah )

If I get the truck warm up for a few minutes and clear the unit above my head, I get 24 mpg but I know that's not the case lol

I use about an ounce in 5 gallons of gas along with marine stabil, for my last run of the season/winter storage on my ope engines. This has worked well for several years.

Originally Posted By: 05ChevyI5

Yess and yess

Dad and I have been using in our Harleys for 3years now. Plugs come out clean as can be. For my bike, I use 1/4oz to a gallon, I put in 2.5gallons and put 3/4oz at home. Plugs look lean (like not enough gas) after 8months and 3000 miles

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Im confused what did the bottle on the dash tell you?

The truck had a idle that was rough enough to make change in the cup holder rattle and the ghost thing up on my dash vibrate (still can't find that one on the dash)

After I used it for a month the idle had no more vibration, change doesn't rattle, and the ghost thing in my dash only rattles when I'm driving....

You realize how annoying stuff is when ur stuck at a light listening to [censored] rattle in your Eddie Bauer truck... and its a good feeling when that noise goes away !!!

Lolololololololol

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Im confused what did the bottle on the dash tell you?

+1

And things like seasonal fuel blends and ambient temperatures can make a BIT difference...

But I am a user, have been a user and will be a user. The WM stuff is the worst TCW-3 Ive used because of its stench. Others are far less pungent.

No TCW-3 or other add has ever given me measurable MPG increases in a statistically proven way. I use them for other reasons, such as noticable difference in fuel pump noise, and for seldom-used vehicles.

The coldest it got last year for me was 27° and I know winter blends are wacky.... but, for the last year I've still been 19 on the low side while driving to work.

And yeah, for the no emmissioned carbed stuff here I overkill the dosage when storing... my suburban has (I think) more then 1\2oz to a gallon right now, I've been starting it at work and moving it here and there, no smoke, and it starts easier and easier lol

Originally Posted By: 05ChevyI5

It does in my power washer, and mower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back