Pennzoil Platinum or Mobil 1 Synthetic??

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do u get to rebate form for $.50 off gas for purchasing 5 quart bottle of Pennzoil from autozone

Thank you all for helping me out. I appreciate it. I just landed a deal - for $30 I bought a 5qts of Mobil 1 w/ Mobil 1 Advanced Performance oil filter at Advance Auto Parts!
I am going to try Pennzoil Ultra w/ Bosch premium filter next to compare how it matches up w/ Mobil 1 full synthetic.

Originally Posted By: Boston
Thank you all for helping me out. I appreciate it. I just landed a deal - for $30 I bought a 5qts of Mobil 1 w/ Mobil 1 Advanced Performance oil filter at Advance Auto Parts!
I am going to try Pennzoil Ultra w/ Bosch premium filter next to compare how it matches up w/ Mobil 1 full synthetic.

Pennzoil ultra is a better oil only because it will last up to 15000+ miles in service.
Ultra is equal to M1 EP. They are the same tier.
I'm a pennzoil guy however I buy whatever is on sale these days since in service I doubt there is much,if any difference between oils of the same tier.
I use Mobil when I can find it on sale,and will use whatever is cost effective for 10000+ mile intervals.
I'm not one o those guys who buys top tier oils and filters and changes them at 5000 miles. It's not cost effective nor is it smart. I run my oils out to an extended interval that I base on looking at other hemi's used oil analysis using the same products.
You can't go wrong with either of your choices. Buy whichever is cheaper and run em the 10000 miles they advertise.

Originally Posted By: linda26
how do you get to rebate forms for purchasing Pennzoil from autozone? thank you linda

Go to the Pennzoil web site and look it up. It will have all the instructions.

It was a quick gOOgle search!

Originally Posted By: Clevy

I'm not one o those guys who buys top tier oils and filters and changes them at 5000 miles. It's not cost effective nor is it smart.

The reality is that you can find the best oils available on sale for $3 quart by taking 2 minutes to look for clearances when at AZ, Walmart or wherever. So cost is not really a factor.

I've accumulated 6 gallons in the past several months without even trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back