Making a Switch with the F150

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the last 30k I've used MC 5-20 and MC 810s or P1 filter with 4500-5500 OCI in my 04 F150. Since I have the hoopdie (95 Camry) and the BMW the 150 isn't getting a lot of miles. July to today's date I only put on 2500 miles. I am using it more now in the cold and snow we are getting and gas is $3.59 a gallon reg so good time to use it more.

I'm looking at 6k-10k for the year. Going to make the move to yearly OCI with M1 5-20 EP with the same MC 820s filter or P1 filter. I was thinking of PP or standard M1 but end of day I've had great success with M1 and for less than $5.00 more per year I'm covered if I take the mileage past 10k.

Feels odd to be looking at a legitimate 1 per year OCI. I don't know if I can deal with the itch! Or waiting to do an UOA!!!

I've been doing 10K OCIs with reg M1 for 36 years, with engines of all types that had 200-350K. All engines stayed very clean, didn't ever increase in oil consumption with the life of the vehicle as long as I owned it, and not one engine ever showed signs of wear or ring coking.

Originally Posted By: tig1
I've been doing 10K OCIs with reg M1 for 36 years, with engines of all types that had 200-350K. All engines stayed very clean, didn't ever increase in oil consumption with the life of the vehicle as long as I owned it, and not one engine ever showed signs of wear or ring coking.

BIGTOG opened up my mind to longer OCI's but I'm just not there yet! maybe the M1 EP can ease me into a comfort zone.

you might even be able to go 2 years. do a uoa at ~~1 year to see whats going on.

it will most likely depend on how much short tripping you do vs longer fully warmed up drives.., towing, and weather also of course.

Originally Posted By: Rand
you might even be able to go 2 years. do a uoa at ~~1 year to see whats going on.

it will most likely depend on how much short tripping you do vs longer fully warmed up drives.., towing, and weather also of course.

I will definitely do a UOA at 1 year and post it up here. It SHOULD be great as I usually at least get the oil to 160F when I take it out and often 180F or more. 12 miles usually the shortest run each way. Just FEELS weird to not have to do oil change for a whole year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back