Valvoline Nextgen 5W-20 8176 miles, 27931 Fiesta

Status
Not open for further replies.
2012 Ford Fiesta with 1.6L engine. Fram Ultra Oil Filter (still on car)

Code:
Miles on Oil 8176

Miles on Unit 27931

Sample Date 1/12/2014

Make Up Oil 0

Aluminum 4

Chromium 0

Iron 10

Copper 2

Lead 0

Tin 1

Molybdenum 10

Nickel 0

Manganese 0

Silver 0

Titanium 0

Potassium 4

Boron 3

Silicon 11

Sodium 314

Calcium 1627

Magnesium 24

Phosphorus 523

Zinc 596

Barium 0

Sus Viscosity @ 210 F 52.8

cSt Viscosity @100 C 8.13

Flashpoint in F 410

Fuel %
Antifreeze % 0

Water % 0

Insolubles % 0.3

TBN 1.8

Comments: This is a very nice first report from your 2012 Fiesta's engine. Universal averages show typical wear for the Ford 1.6L engine after approximately 6,000 miles on the oil. You ran your engine longer, of course, so we're impressed that all metals are still within the average range. Iron is 1 ppm higher than average, but that's really not a big deal since we expect iron to accumulate with use and read a little higher than average on a longer than average run. Expect a little more iron in your next report, when you run longer. The TBN was fine at 1.8. Try up to 10,000 miles next. Nice!

Yes I did. The filter mount on the 1.6L Fiesta engine is a bad design. When you remove the filter, oil pours down on a rubber cooling hose. I want to minimize the frequency of that. The Fram Ultra is supposed to be good for 15,000 miles. I will be testing that out.

Your engine didn't detonate using an oil with such high NOACK?!?
smile.gif

Good to see the oil perform well and still have a TBN of 1.8 after 8k. Do you plan on going 10k on the next run like Blackstone suggests or only 7k in order to change the Ultra at 15k?

...yeah where is that new guy who got all hot and bothered over Nextgen?

Originally Posted By: redhat
...yeah where is that new guy who got all hot and bothered over Nextgen?

That thread was removed. I imagine he was too.

Originally Posted By: NMBurb02
Your engine didn't detonate using an oil with such high NOACK?!?
smile.gif

Good to see the oil perform well and still have a TBN of 1.8 after 8k. Do you plan on going 10k on the next run like Blackstone suggests or only 7k in order to change the Ultra at 15k?

I won't go the full 10,000 miles that Blackstone suggests but I probably will just do another 8,000 miles. I figure than any oil filter that is rated to go 15,000 miles probably can really go 20,000 miles anyway. But I won't know for sure until I send out my next oil sample in 8,000 miles. If the numbers come back as good as these were (which I suspect they will), my OC interval and routine will be established at 8,000 miles changing the oil filter every other oil change.

Originally Posted By: nepadriver
Did you add any top off, was it low at all?

No. There was no oil added between the oil changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back