The Dark Side of Mazda and Subaru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SkyActivG
... I am ?uncertain of Mazda's role in WIII because Mazda started off in the US with rotary powered scooters. Please elaborate everyone.

Fuji (Subaru) started out with rotary valve two cycle scooters. The Fuji Rabbit.

The Fuji was a copy of the Powell streamliner that had been used by WWII US Airborne units.

I don't hold anything against the Japanese or Germand at this point, but I try to buy from US companies when I can if there is a choice. I would rather see an American with a good job. We have good quality products made right here in the USA.

Pretty much every big company on all sides produced war material, this isn't really news.

Mitsubishi produced the A6M AKA the Zero or Zeke.

Interesting fact the Bosch fuel injection that Mercedes used after the war was very closly related to the fuel injection they developed for the ME109. Also when Mercedes put the M120 V12 into production in 1990 it was the first V12 they had made since stopping production of aircraft engines in 1945.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
I'm not sure why such a question has to be asked here... when there's a internet full of information that is available on the topic.

We don't need to look elsewhere. Henry Ford was a tyrant in his own ways, and didn't see anything wrong with it.

So is our current "president" and he doesn't seem to see anything wrong with it either.

...Seriously? Does every thread on this forum have to turn into an Obama bash at some point?

Also, putting president is quotes is amazingly insulting.

This reminds me why I barely check this place anymore outside of a few specific areas. Too much political "commentary".

Originally Posted By: Boomer
No different than Mercedes (Daimler Benz), BMW and VW. All made war vehicles for the Hitler regime. Germany, however, has the very dark side of companies that collaborated in the Holocaust. They dealt in human hair, gold from dental fillings, etc and they are still around today.

Google I. G. Farben and see what they were involved in.

That's not just the purvey of the Germans, the Japanese used slave labor and if you want to talk about genocide the Chinese could fill you in on that.

Google Rape of Nanking and Unit 731.

Last edited:
I thought it about Subaru still blowing head gaskets after all those years of denial. And Mazda's AT competing with Honda's on who dies first. That's a dark side..

Jeebus, thought this was a thread about Subi and Mazda issues.
Recently checked out the Mazda 6. It's a nice car!

You can't hold a company accountable for what happened during the war. The first country the Nazi's took over was Germany!

Vikas has it right - nothing but a troll post.

Cadillac made tanks. BMW made airplane engines. Saab made fighter jets.

What's the point of this thread?

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
I don't hold anything against the Japanese or Germand at this point, but I try to buy from US companies when I can if there is a choice. I would rather see an American with a good job. We have good quality products made right here in the USA.

That's not really true anymore. A lot of American cars are getting made in Mexico. My Subaru was made in Indiana... You might want to look more closely at where the car was made and not where the company is headquartered. Granted the money is going to go towards the Japanese GDP but it gave an American worker a job assembling the car.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Cadillac made tanks. BMW made airplane engines. Saab made fighter jets.

What's the point of this thread?

Saab still makes airplanes. I however doubt they ever made Them for The axis powers. But I might be wrong.

WWIII guys...he's talking about WWIII. C'mon get with it!

This is a mentally atrophied approved thread.
wink.gif

As the title states... I'd like to get some thoughts of Mazda and Subaru.

Both are solid automobile companies that put out a good product.

Both of these companies participated in WWIII; however Subaru was formally Nakajima Aircraft which made aircraft for WWII. Please correct me if I'm wrong.... Something makes me what to think Mitsubishi was part of WWII. I am ?uncertain of Mazda's role in WIII because Mazda started off in the US with rotary powered scooters. Please elaborate everyone. Are these the only current Japanese companies that were involved in WWII?

So? Any industry in a country at war will participate.

It's likely they are pressed into service.

Imagine if Ford or others tried to keep making cars. No materials for them.

Their choices were to produce what the government wanted or likely perish.

Unlikely to be different in Japan or Germany.

I took the AB brewery tour in St Louis again recently. I was amazed at what AB produced during prohibition. The point is companies will adapt to the economic realities around them.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
I'm not sure why such a question has to be asked here... when there's a internet full of information that is available on the topic.

We don't need to look elsewhere. Henry Ford was a tyrant in his own ways, and didn't see anything wrong with it.

So is our current "president" and he doesn't seem to see anything wrong with it either.

I'm surprised the Mods didn't jump on it. Clearly political. I guess partisanship?

I want to add a 500 Abarth to share the garage with my BMWs and Mazda- then I can call my fleet "The Axis Collection"
crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back