screw on cover for NAPA 3271 fuel filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
My snowcat takes a NAPA 3271 fuel filter canister. Someone used channel locks on the cover and its dented and the new fuel filter will not fit in and was difficult to get out. The cover is like a small tin can with a inside thread on one end. Given that the filter is supplied with a large rubber gasket for the cover to screw against, I would assume the cover is a standard cover for that size filter and if I knew what vehicle it came on, I could buy a new one.

Or use a exhaust pipe expander to un-dent the cover.

If you google that filters application, it will tell you the most common vehicles that use that filter. I thought from your description that it was the same as the one on my 65 mustang 200 c.i. I-6 And it looks like it is as it says is used by ford 1958 till 1989. Ford dealer should be able to get that can for the filter. Or any of the many ford or mustang classic car parts companys Hope this helps

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: old1
If you google that filters application, it will tell you the most common vehicles that use that filter. I thought from your description that it was the same as the one on my 65 mustang 200 c.i. I-6 And it looks like it is as it says is used by ford 1958 till 1989. Ford dealer should be able to get that can for the filter. Or any of the many ford or mustang classic car parts companys Hope this helps

Thanks- RockAuto has the filter and can for under $8.00. While I already bought a filter at NAPA, I am sure I will need a few more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back