What's your record for no repairs on a new vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never had to repair a single item on a new vehicle.

I have also never purchased a new vehicle.
banana2.gif

22k on the focus, and the only issue I've had was the nuts holding the heatshield above the exhaust worked loose. That was a 15 minute trip to the dealer, and no other issues before or since. My dad's cruze also has 23k, and he hasn't had any issues that I'm aware of. At least he hasn't been to the dealer except for the oil spill recall.

My 98 F150 went a number of years (about 5) and (maybe 80,000) miles before any signs of trouble happened. Then the driveshaft fell out at high speed on the highway! Hahahaa. That was awful. The entire tail section of the transmission broke off and the driveshaft went flailing around. Smoke everywhere. Ugh.

Transmission and driveshaft were replaced, and never had another problem until well into the 200,000 mile range.

1975 Corvette 400K+ miles estimated

3 engines
3 transmissions
1 rear end
1 radiator
8 alternators
12 starters
1 PS pump
1 PS ram
4 PS valve rebuilds
1 new PS valve
6 water pumps
20 half shaft U-joints
1 dash
3 sets of seats
2 heater blower motors
3 heater cores
various steering column repairs
4 repaints
2 sets of window regulators
1 power window motor
1 windshield
various popup headlight repairs
1 rear bumper cover
3 sets of ball joints
3 sets a-arm shafts
4 rebuilds of rear bearings
2 rebuilds of front bearings
3 sets of rotors
4 caliper rebuilds
1 set of new wildwood calipers

Last edited:
2004 Ford Focus @128,500 miles and no repairs outside my standard items. Event the brake pads are original and at 60% when others have said the early Focus was hard on brakes.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
1975 Corvette 400K+ miles estimated

3 engines
3 transmissions
1 rear end
1 radiator
8 alternators
12 starters
1 PS pump
1 PS ram
4 PS valve rebuilds
1 new PS valve
6 water pumps
20 half shaft U-joints
1 dash
3 sets of seats
2 heater blower motors
3 heater cores
various steering column repairs
4 repaints
2 sets of window regulators
1 power window motor
1 windshield
various popup headlight repairs
1 rear bumper cover
3 sets of ball joints
3 sets a-arm shafts
4 rebuilds of rear bearings
2 rebuilds of front bearings
3 sets of rotors
4 caliper rebuilds
1 set of new wildwood calipers

I think that qualifies as a record all right! Wow!

after a new ply and dodge truck i finally got, chrysler has NO warranty. wnen i buy it its MINE. i just say take pic of it, cause you will NOT see it again.

I don't know what our record is, but of our current cars:

'08 BMW 528i - 68k - only repair required so far was a warranty battery replacement. No brakes yet. Put on the third set of tires over the summer.

'06 G35 - first failure was one of two radiator fans at 96k - covered under warranty. Only major maintenance items are tires and brakes.

'06 FX45 - at 105k , so far all issues have been aesthetic and covered under warranty. The issues were pretty major though (seats and dash board), bordering on unacceptable for a car of that price.

2012 F150
Blower motor resistor at 4,500 miles.
Paint bubbling in drip rails on roof at around 10,000 miles

2012 Fusion
None to date, just routine oil changes

The 2004 S2000 needed one repair: adjust the clutch pedal last year. It needs rear tires every 12-14k miles, front tires life were about 10-12k miles longer.

Since the car is driven mostly in city, so a lot of stop-accelerate-stop-accelerate ... the front brake pad/rotor didn't lasted very long either.

Originally Posted By: callbay
I know this can be beat easily but I have a 2011 Ford Fusion 2.5L 4 cyl with 33,000 miles on it and it has needed no repairs what so ever. Normal maintenance of course.

What is you record??

2000 Honda Civic VP, changed oil whenever I felt like it. 320K tranny started to slip after a tranny flush machine "flush" & the headgasket blew, ran amazing & was the love of my life(hopefully my wife doesn't read this). What I know now I could have fixed the headgasket n kept the car original. Oil change was literally the only maintenance.

Originally Posted By: 01_celica_gt
Originally Posted By: callbay
I know this can be beat easily but I have a 2011 Ford Fusion 2.5L 4 cyl with 33,000 miles on it and it has needed no repairs what so ever. Normal maintenance of course.

What is you record??

2000 Honda Civic VP, changed oil whenever I felt like it. 320K tranny started to slip after a tranny flush machine "flush" & the headgasket blew, ran amazing & was the love of my life(hopefully my wife doesn't read this). What I know now I could have fixed the headgasket n kept the car original. Oil change was literally the only maintenance.

Oh I forgot I changed the spark plugs once, obviously the regular tire changes as well, had tires last me 80kish, and brakes every 15k-20k as I used to be a very very agressive driver, to your average driver it would seem to be road rage but I enjoyed it n don't remember any rage really

Last edited:
My Mazda won't set any records here. After about two years into the ownership the driver's side strut top mount bearing needed to be replaced. It was done under warranty and it failed again one year after, also fixed under warranty.
After that I had to replace the accessory belt tensioner pulley as it started to make some bad noises during winter.
Then everything was fine until about 90k mile mark when I had to replace HVAC bulbs because they burnt out.
The latest one, at 110k miles, is the thermostat.

All in all, I'm happy with Mazda quality.

On my 2008 Hyundai Accent with 95k miles the only repair has been a leaky passenger side axle seal. Just in time for the recommended trans oil change too at 60k. Repaired under warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back