Beware of ATV Parts on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just putting a post out there incase you weren't already roped to warn you. I have a lot of ATVs. 17 to be exact. All Polaris. so I buy a lot of parts. Ebay is usually one place I go. I want to say, stay away from the sprocket and chain deals. I bought a sprocket kit for a 400 Polaris Xplorer. I bought the best O ring/Gold chain they sold. It was a steal for $70.00 right? It snapped that claimed 8,000 tensile strength chain like a shoe lace. After inspection it had hollow rollers, that were only in the front of the pin. On the ones that didn't snap the chain. like the 250s. The sprockets were nubs in less than 6 months. Now I only buy name brand chains, JT sprockets, Sun star or of course good old Pure Polaris factory sprockets. Brake pads are worse, way worse. they may be cheap and you might think, for that price, so what if they were out faster. Well, they usually arrive in a paper bag, with a lot of Chinese writing on them, no package, open the bag, pads fall out. I ve put them on a Saturday morning and they were gone with the weekend. One day of riding and they are gone. Seriously, don't waste your time and money. You are usually good to go with factory parts. One off brand brake pad is RaceDriven pads. They make their own and they are top notch, they aren't the cheapest either though. They are good. I haven't had many issues with electrical parts, such as ignitions, starters or solenoids, but they usually come from within the United states and they make good on warranties. As a matter of fact, the only bad solenoid, I got, I got from Advance auto. I usually buy used parts and have had good luck with sellers on Ebay. Just putting it out there, it can be a aggravating experience.

Sorry about that but does it really surprise you on ebay. Caveat Emptor

Incredible bargains to be had for sure though on used items.

Glad you did not get hurt.

they have name brand counterfeit on ebay too.

everything from computer parts

to oil filters.

Last edited:
Why people buy bargain bin parts is beyond me... I buy OEM, OEM supplier, or a better aftermarket or custom option. Cheaper should never be a concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back