Favorite Music!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name your top [min = 3 & max = 10] favorite bands/artists/singers. And also, do you listen to the same music at your computer as you do in your car? If not, explain. Details are good...

EX:

My top 5 favorite bands (in no specific order) are Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Linkin Park, Adema, and Korn. These may only be my top 5, but I listen to way more than just these guys. And if you're wandering... Yes, I do prefer Rock (ranging from Alternative and Nu Metal to Grunge and Classic), but no, it is not all I listen to (75% Rock/25% mix of the others); I also like some Country (old and new alike, i.e. Brooks and Dunn, and Eric Church, etc.), and even a little Techno (i.e. Eiffel 65 and the like), but I say a big ol' "No" to Hip-hop/Pop music *cough* *shutter* *tweak*... Sorry Pop likers, just ain't my thing. As you would say right back to me about Grunge, yes I know, I know. So it's fair, yes?

Cruise Ins and Car Shows: My dad actually plays music for our local car shows (we have professional DJ equipment). So, obviously "[I'm] On a Plain" by Nirvana is not going to be played here (no pun intended). Crankin' up some Classics, some of my favorite Car Show songs have got to be: "Little Deuce Coupe," "Stayin' Alive," "Born to be Wild, "Life is a Highway" (Tom Cochrane's version), and "Twilight Zone" ...

Your turn!

Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Justin Moore, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Imagine Dragons, and sometimes The Beatles.

I listen to a few different genres, but for the most part my radio stays on country stations.

I'm all over the place in music.

I can listen to Motörhead then Engelbert Humperdinck then Siouxsie and the Banshees, then Run DMC then Queens of the Stoneage, then Parliament-Funkadelic, then Black Flag, then Deep Purple....all in one trip. And like them all. Eclectic.

I'm getting old. I seldom like any new pop music nor do I care for most of the "musicians" I occasionally catch myself digging a Bruno Mars song when the wife is driving and in control of the radio...but those songs are few and far between.

But if I have to choose, I would stay close to home, ZZ Top, Pantera, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble, Tripping Daisy, The Toadies, Texas Hippie Coalition, The Fabulous Thunderbirds...

Led Zeppelin, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Dream Theater, The Black Keys

ZZ Top, lots of 80s metal/rock

I listen to the same all around.

It's more than 10, but since I don't really have a "favorite", it's hard to pin it down.

Joe Bonamassa
Susan Tedeschi/Derek Trucks
Gary Moore
Allman Brothers
Brian Setzer
Eagles
Leslie West
ZZ Top
Albert King
BB King
Blues Brothers
Willie Nelson
Johnny Cash
Waylon Jennings

Rock, Classic rock, country, classic country, little bit of blues, little bit of pop. Aerosmith, AcDc, Waylon Jennings, Black Sabbath, Jason Aldean, Eric Church, all 3 Hank Williams, John Anderson, and Pearl Jam.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to be that one weird young guy on here that listens to rap, but I won't elaborate on who and when or whatever. A very close 2nd place would be country, pretty much any artist or song.

Current faves:

Thousand Foot Krutch
Niacin
Static-X
The Crystal Method
King's X

All Time:

Led Zeppelin
Jimi Hendrix
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Miles Davis
Weather Report
Yes
Various classical, mostly baroque
Aaron Copland

Nice everyone! I'm totally digging the old rock and country. Much of my family listens to much the same stuff and I've heard at least a good 90% of them (probably from mostly from my parents, and a few older cousins). When I say parents, I mostly mean dad, as only a few here describe some of my mom's rock taste. She likes the 80's Rock (ACDC, Gun's N' Roses, Motley Crew, Poison, etc.)

Don't be shy renegade_987! I don't dis' Rap. Here's a list of a few rap songs I like just to prove it: "No Hands" - Waka Flame, "Oxy Cotton" - Lil Wyte, "Get Low" - Lil Jon (Thanks to NFSU on my PS2)...

Albeit (of course a rocker would say it), I like Framing Hanley's version of Lollipop much more than Lil Wayne's original.

Classic Rock & Roll Music especially early Neil Diamond, Enya, Loreena McKennitt, Country & Western, wooden flute music, classical music. A lot of different stuff but no Heavy Metal and very little of the other music of today.

Joe Bonomassa, Gary Moore, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eric Clapton and any other good blues-oriented rock

Collective Soul

70's and 80's hard rock - Bad Company, Deep Purple, Rainbow, early Whitesnake, AC/DC with Bon Scott, Van Halen with and without DLR, Montrose, Eric Clapton

Thin Lizzy is probably my all time favorite hard rock group

80's rock/metal - Lita Ford, Cinderella, Def Leppard, Mr. Big, Night Ranger, Bryan Adams, Pat Benatar, Sammy Hagar

There are a few "new" bands I like. Of all the new-style so-called rock bands Shinedown is the only one I like. I also like a group that is a combination of guys from Wishbone Ash and the 1970's version of Whitesnake, the band is called Snakecharmer.

I also listen to some of the more mellow stuff out there like Sarah McLachlan and 10,000 Maniacs. Sometimes I will play old Southern rock from Skynyrd and The Allman Brothers, but not too often. Early ZZ Top is good too.

I think in general modern "rock and roll" died in the 1990's. There have been a few groups that tried to bring it back but the heart and soul, vibe and feel of real rock died when Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and their ad-nauseum siblings got popular in the 90's. Only once in a blue moon does a real rock band come along nowadays. Because of that and I guess just because I am getting older I have really been getting back into real rock from the 70's and early 80's, like Boston, Bad Company, Steely Dan, The Cars, Deep Purple, Clapton and so on.

I'm not into "the music you grew up with" radio stations that play rock from yesteryear. I liked 80's music when I was growing up in the 80's, but I cant perpetually listen to it.

I like current alternative rock, pop and indie rock.

My Top 5:

1.) Phish
2.) The Band
3.) Stevie Ray Vaughn
4.) Bob Marley
5.) Allman Brothers

Phish is on all the time. SRV when I'm [censored] or hurt. Bob when I need uplifted. Allman and The Band when I just want to rock.

Originally Posted By: Phishin
My Top 5:

1.) Phish
2.) The Band
3.) Stevie Ray Vaughn
4.) Bob Marley
5.) Allman Brothers

Phish is on all the time. SRV when I'm [censored] or hurt. Bob when I need uplifted. Allman and The Band when I just want to rock.

Statesburo Blues!

Allman Bros
Doobie Bros
Everly Bros
Isley Bros
Brecker Bros
Dorsey Bros

I actually like...Southern Rock, Classic Rock, Oldies, Soul, Jazz, Big Band!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back