2013 Accord K24W1 DI - TGMO 0W20 SN - 13086 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: webfors
Viscosity is off considering fuel and FP. Retest is in order. If it comes back the same the thickening would be something to be concerned about IMO.

+5 (or whatever we're up to.)

That's nice 30wt oil you have there...

It would also be interesting to get KV40 measured considering VI is the big reason people use this oil.

Originally Posted By: Leonardo629
all right guys, ...

I didn't run this oil for 13,000mi, it was more like 7200mi when the OLM read 40% oil life left, just want to clarify. ...

I think the OLM at 40% with 7200 miles has a lot to do with the highway driving and the warm So Calif weather as I have the same car and engine and got a lot less miles with the OLM.

I got about 5850 miles at 15% OLM on the factory oil.
I presently have about 4640 miles at 40% OLM after the oil change.

I have the same engine as well (the Sport model) and the OLM is somewhere between 25 and 30% when I have about 6,000 miles on the oil.

The OLM funtion appears to account for differing conditions.
I drove our '12 (not DI, of course) 8700 miles from new to 15% MM.
My wife then began using the car, and her commute involves about fifteen miles with plenty of traffic.
The MM hit 15% after about 6500 miles of mainly warm weather use.
We had a dry fiftyish day on 12/22, which gave me the perfect opportunity to change the oil from the second fill of PP 0W-20 to the current fill of HGMO API SM 0W-20.
I expect more rapid decline in the current cold, although we did make a ~450 mile trip this weekend, which will have the effect of adding roughly that many miles, since long trips bring almost no decline in oil life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back