Chevron Supreme motor oil, thoughts 5w30 -10w30

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
I notice this oil looks very good on paper, PQIA. But never see it mentioned here. Has Walmart's oil price monopoly just funneled everyone to consider only the oils they sell? Tongue & Cheek...

Anyway, if they can wizard up Techron, I assume CSupreme is good stuff too, right?

Last edited:
It was always a smashing deal at one time as was Havoline. Now that their prices are near everyone elses, they're less talked about. But, Chevron(& Havoline) were once the Darlings of BITOG and still very good oils today.

I see that Costco out here currently has an instant rebate on CS 5w30 and 10w30, comes out to $26.99 for a 12 quart case.

Seems like a decent deal.

Originally Posted By: Zaedock
Ahh, the days of great oil for $.50 a quart are long gone.

I know right?
When I discovered BITOG, Philip Trop Arctic as at the $tore(2/$1) and Chevron/Havoline/MotorCraft were on the cheap at W*M. And Havoline was always on sale with a rebate to boot
laugh.gif

Because of BITOG, I still look for and find discontinued oils on store shelves(CHEAP!) Although, I missed anything from AutoZone recently
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Keto
I see that Costco out here currently has an instant rebate on CS 5w30 and 10w30, comes out to $26.99 for a 12 quart case.

Seems like a decent deal.

I bought a case on sale at Costco last year, and ran it twice in the xB at 6-7k per OCI.

Not only has the price gone up, it used to be absolutely packed with moly and now the levels have come down some. That and availability have dropped it from BITOG's "hot list" IMO but is still highly thought of and I consider is still one of the top tier conventionals. JMO.

I do like the fact that chevron makes the base oil and additive package themselves so they control all aspects of the production from start to finish. I just haven't gotten around to trying it yet

Sams has it my area for 25 bucks for a 12 quart case. Not bad. When it was on sale regularly at Checker Auto, I used it exclusively. My Dads Olds 88 has 215K on it and more then half those miles were with Chevron Supreme at about a 5K interval; it's crystal clear under the valve cover and hardly uses any oil between changes despite the front crank seal leaking, which I doubt has anything to do with Chevron. Great oil for a great price.

I used to use Chevron Supreme exclusively. If they were to sell it locally I would buy it, but I can't find it anywhere here in Boondocks, La. (Central La.)
grin.gif

I sent an e-mail to Chevron/Texaco asking if their Havoline oil was just rebadged Chevron Supreme, but never received an answer back from them.
21.gif

I personally think the top 3 conventional oils on the market are Chevron/Havoline, Petro-Canada, and Pennzoil, and have for a while.

There have been some amazing long UOA's posted on this site with Havoline and Chevron.

Problem is, as others have said, they are harder to find these days. When I worked at WM 15 years ago, they sold quarts of Havoline for $1.98 all day. I used it as top-off oil for years.

Now the only place I can get Havoline is a smaller, local chain called Partssource that sells it for $4.99 a quart.

Is Husky/Mohawk your Chevron distributor in your neck of the woods, too? Alternatively, a few trucking suppliers that carry Delo products also carry the PCMOs, and at better prices than Partsource.

Ive never even seen a 5qt jug of Chevron Supreme... I can get Havoline at WM.

Originally Posted By: wemay
Ive never even seen a 5qt jug of Chevron Supreme... I can get Havoline at WM.

Same here.
It still makes me wonder if Havoline is just rebadged Chevron Supreme.

I've seen Chevron Supreme at Costco, AutoZone Stores and a few Chevron gas stations here in SoCal. I used it in my very first car which was an oil burning Acura Legend. It seemed to really help with the oil consumption, not to mention engine ran a lot smoother...or at least it seemed like it to me.

That is all we use at work. I work for a utility company in the fleet department. We purchase it in bulk- 55 gallon drums and cases. Due to our contract price, I usually purchase it for all my cars. We have had VERY minimal engine problems and most o them were not due to the oil. We use both the Delo and the Supreme oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back