Aftermarket semi pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jarlaxle seems to have a problem with me, and I really don't give a [censored]. I have a 5.9 B series in my current boat, and chances are I'll have two 6.7's in my next boat. I have lots, and lots, and lots of hours working and running on Mercedes diesels, Yanmar, Cummins, Cat, MTU, Detroit, in both boats an equipment.

I know what blows, I know what happens when you crank them, and I know how to keep them running. Cummins B series are not that special, they are just another medium duty motor. A pretty good one, but I'll exchange them for a Yanmar of Volvo and not miss them.

Anyone who has any experience with diesels will tell you that pumping them shortens their lifespan, the Dodge Ram guys can get away with more because they are just moving around light trucks. They are not really loading them up for any period of time. Clearly judging by his responses his experience with them is kind of thin, he doesn't seem to understand the difference between continues duty engines etc. But whatever I really don't care, its not my job to educate I was just trying to have a discussion.

I'm done.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
That must be why Freightliner powers almost all their MDT's (including every post-2008 FL in Ryder's huge fleet!) with Cummins ISB engines, then!
smirk.gif
smirk.gif

With a 33,000lbs GVWR Class 7 truck the little 5.9L/6.7L or the 7.3L don't like to go over 250K miles, And they are slugs that cant get out of their own way. Your probably talking about Class 5/6 trucks with a lower GVWR. The Freightliner FL/Business Class covers 5,6, & 7. I don't doubt Ryder/Penske is ordering ISB's to save a buck....They don't normally keep them that long anyway. A Cummins ISC or ISL would be better suited to a Class 7 truck. More Power, Torque & Longevity.
With your thinking, The ISB is the only medium duty engine that Cummins needs to build? Correct. They can drop the ISC & ISL, And pump up the power/torque on the ISB. You could save them millions!!!
I used Cummins examples not to upset you & your blind brand loyalty.

Originally Posted By: clinebarger
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
That must be why Freightliner powers almost all their MDT's (including every post-2008 FL in Ryder's huge fleet!) with Cummins ISB engines, then!
smirk.gif
smirk.gif

With a 33,000lbs GVWR Class 7 truck the little 5.9L/6.7L or the 7.3L don't like to go over 250K miles, And they are slugs that cant get out of their own way. Your probably talking about Class 5/6 trucks with a lower GVWR. The Freightliner FL/Business Class covers 5,6, & 7. I don't doubt Ryder/Penske is ordering ISB's to save a buck....They don't normally keep them that long anyway. A Cummins ISC or ISL would be better suited to a Class 7 truck. More Power, Torque & Longevity.
With your thinking, The ISB is the only medium duty engine that Cummins needs to build? Correct. They can drop the ISC & ISL, And pump up the power/torque on the ISB. You could save them millions!!!
I used Cummins examples not to upset you & your blind brand loyalty.

No, I am talking about 33,000 GVWR trucks. They have 6.7 ISB's, most seem to have 220 or 230HP. (The 26K trucks use the same drivetrain...and seem to be, aside from the GVWR tag, identical.)

Also note: the F-750 is available up to 33K, and the ONLY engine offered is the 6.7 Cummins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back