2 issues in my 2 Honda's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Issue 1:

My 2013 Pilot had not been driven and in the garage for several days last week. I walked by it one morning and noticed a crack in the pass. window. I know for a fact this wasn't there before and do not recall anything hitting the window. I scheduled an appt. with the dealer and before I could take it in, the entire window shattered the next morning. I was stumped as to what caused this. I cleaned up the mess as best I could and got to the dealer. They said I was S.O.L. and the warranty didn't cover it. I've heard of Honda using cheap glass and people having similar issues with the windshield. So we had a guy come and install a new window in our driveway for $230. Pretty upset at Honda for just leaving me to twist in the wind like this.

Issue 2:

In my 02 Accord last night, the alarm randomly went off at least 4 times. All doors, windows, trunk and hood were securely locked. The car didn't look like it was tampered with or molested. I ultimately disconnected the battery for the night. Re-connected it this morning and used my 2nd key FOB to lock the car afterwards. Since doing this it hasn't gone off once today. I don't know if switching key FOBs did the trick or what. My old Elantra had this same problem and it was the hood switch starting to act up. I would just open the hood and slam it shut real good and it would stop the issue for a while. Maybe opening/closing the hood when I disconnected and reconnected the battery jarred the sensor back into place...? How can I verify if the hood sensor is actually bad?

you are SOL on the window if it hadnt shattered might be covered if there was no chip.

Don't you have insurance? Unless you paid for for your brand new Pilot in cash, the bank that is financing you most likely requires comprehensive insurance which would cover the window.

For the Accord, try unlocking the driver's door with the key. This often shuts up the alarm.

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
Don't you have insurance? Unless you paid for for your brand new Pilot in cash, the bank that is financing you most likely requires comprehensive insurance which would cover the window.

For the Accord, try unlocking the driver's door with the key. This often shuts up the alarm.

Insurance!? What's that
confused.gif

I do but the deductible isn't low enough to cover such a repair.

Last edited:
Might want to check your policy, I know mine has no deductible exterior glass.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Makes me wonder if someone is messing with your stuff....

+1, or maybe a strange coincidence though.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Makes me wonder if someone is messing with your stuff....

+2...broken glass on 1.....alarm going off on the other? my first thought is somebody is messing with your stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back