New NIssan

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the new nissan micra is comming to Canada (exclusive to NA )It was announced for the Montreal auto show, But will have a 4 banger engine apparently the same 1.6 liter that is in the versa note.Maybe now maybe GM will smarten up and actually market and advertize the Chevy Spark
Cheers!
Mike Z

2013 Chevy Spark "Lily-Heather"
Mobil 1 synthetic
riding on Continental extremewinter
smile.gif

1996 was the last year of the good USDM Nissans imo. The 370Z is a beautiful car though. Its the only current Nissan I like. Honest I think all current cars are hideous. There's very few new cars that I think are attractive.

haven't seen the new release of the nissan micra yet but my subjective impression from the past release (sold exclusively in Canada up until the early 90s), based on some old carb'ed version design dated back to the early 80s...was a yawner.... carb'ed, underpowered, technologically dated, etc. makes me wonder why the nissan stealerships would even consider offering those at that time (even brand new off the lot: was around 6.7k CAD each, early 90s)....

The ones that gained fame throughout the rest of the world that was released in the 90s (except the ones sold in CA's stealership lots which was the grand-daddy ) was actually much, much better: twin-cam 16V, etc. handled quite well.

Hopefully, their latest re-incarnation would be potent enough to fight the market where Mirage would seem like a better deal...

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1290697/2015-nissan-micra-debuts-at-2014-montreal-auto-show

Q.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
1996 was the last year of the good USDM Nissans imo. The 370Z is a beautiful car though. Its the only current Nissan I like. Honest I think all current cars are hideous. There's very few new cars that I think are attractive.

Sad isn't it?

I liked my 2002 Maxima and Altima, but that was back when they could had with 3.5 and manual trans. No more = me no like. (despite the looks of the car)

But yeah, Nissan is all but dead to me which is totally sad. Used to be my favorite car maker by far. They really need to bring back some fun cars.. A proper no frills Sentra SE-R done properly would sell like mad.

Most auto mfgs are tone deaf to the small amount of Americans who want utilitarian vehicles; more profit can be had in $35000 rubbermaid haulers with velour lined cup holders.

It would have been nice to have the Echo hatch in the US (2000-2005) but sadly, no. Maybe they thought it would undercut the sales of the Matrix, but in my case it did not.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

The current Altima/Maxima is attractive in a generic sort of way.
The Versa and the Sentra are pretty inoffensive.
Back in the 'seventies, Nissan had some pretty nice cars and some really weird ones.
The first gen Z was gorgeous, the 810 was okay while the B210 and the later F-10 were just plain weird.
I had a '76 280Z 2+2 which had been fitted with a later 5 spd.
It steered like a truck (no ps on first gen Z cars) but the shifter was really slick and the inline six made wonderful noises.
Datsun, as they were then branded in the US, was also the only maker able to take the basic shape and proportions of the classic British ragtop two seater and end up with an ugly car.
The two liter was fast, though.
I had a 1.6 and sold it at a profit back in the early 'nineties.
Overall, Nissan/Datsun products have rarely had character.
This is what's wrong with the current, grossly overweight so-called Z.
An attractive car in a generic way that has no real feeling of marque heritage and that can't be run hard without overheating its oil and getting into the limp-home mode.

Originally Posted By: surfstar
As a manufacturer, Nissan has never piqued my interest when it came to actually buy a vehicle.

But who doesn't want a CVT in everything!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back