Why do I want this Ultimate Light Bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nyati
Because it is cool? And you can never have enough lights.

Except by law

Where my brother lives in central AK, people have these to prevent from running into moose. It is not good to hit 4 legs holding up 1200 lbs, they seem to be evolutionarily developed to land right in one's lap, giving them the last laugh.

Originally Posted By: silverrat

Except by law

Well there's that……but you still can't have enough lights. I ran 3 Hella Xenon Rallye 5000s (2 pencils and 1 Flood) for years on the front of an F150 in San Diego. They weren't technically legal, however, I had them wired to only go on with the high beams and only used them in the Desert and on I-8 to Yuma. I never once got stopped for them. I even ran them without covers eventually. I guess it pays to be courteous and not use them in town.

So you can blast the people that don't turn off their high lights......

Pablo, you need some emotional help
smile.gif

+1 and WRX's are cool to start with.

HID conversions first so "normal" lighting is awesome. Then for more sleek look I think I'd skip the top round lights and maybe go LED light bar on bottom of the upper tabs. Hella DE fogs with HID bulb conversion detailed at HIDplanet are awesome for side to side coverage.

I like the push bars on the new Ford Taurus police cruisers the same way like the PB 450L from Setina Push Bumper

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: LargeCarManX2
So you can blast the people that don't turn off their high lights......

Pablo, you need some emotional help
smile.gif

Yes. Why yes I do.

The car came with HID low beams. The driving lights are fine. The stock fogs are a little pathetic.

I like the idea of parking barrier protection.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Originally Posted By: Pablo
Why do I want this Ultimate Light Bar?

Male menopause/midlife crisis.

At 56? For sure. It looks like the vast majority of posters on NASIOC are 19 years old. Owning a $30K Car. Well at least I don't live with my parents!!

This is the first fun car I have owned since I was 30 or so. Last child will be out in a couple years. So yeah. Fun commuter with traction.

Hello, Ha-Ha, ain't that the truth. The Subaru ownership demographic bucks all. It's nice to see a group of "gadget boys" who aren't illiterate, isolated, mass-murder prone, pasty faced freaks.

I prefer Subaru boys to Jeepers because Subaru boys tune to a higher speed. Jeepers are happy to merely get their engines started.

On the other hand, Jeepers know how to do more things while ricers page through catalogs deciding which color their 'dream option' will look better in.

About those light bars.....your eyes are going! Kira

This is the first fun car I have owned since I was 30 or so. Last child will be out in a couple years. So yeah. Fun commuter with traction.

Have your fun now as the grandchildren will soon begin to appear and it will be back to a van for you .....
cool.gif

Humm....maybe if you rally your car on the weekends. Then you need to add the large, flat mudflaps as well. On a daily-driver, I think it's a bit too much.

Dudes. Finished my first mod. Rally Armor Mudflaps.
grin2.gif
They ARE pretty sweet! (and no rocks hitting the paint!!!!)

My next mod is on the way. 200 MPH floor mats.
lol.gif
banana2.gif

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear

My next mod is on the way. 200 MPH floor mats.
lol.gif
banana2.gif

Is that when the mat gets stuck under the throttle pedal ? ...
cool.gif

Either that, or the synthetic surface of the mats just speed the car up!

UPS on the porch. My mats and my cordless impact wrench showed up!

Extra lighting is REALLY HANDY on dirt trails where you really need help reading textures or other surface cues at night, even in low speed tooling around.
smile.gif

I like the light bar, especially with the integrated scratch plate on the bottom.

I have two KC driving lights on the front of my Jeep. They are wired to come on with my high beams only, so I won't accidentally blind other drivers. I live in the woods, and these lights have easily saved me thousands in deer damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back