My inline heater core filter....

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....not to beat a dead horse and no real brillance here. I used a 5/8 hose repair ends and fine SS screen from a strainer($10 invested). I molded it around a dowel using torch, hammer and vice. I crimped one end and made petals on the other to tuck under the washer. I expanded it inside the repair end using a larger dowel. Teflon taped the threads on the repair end.

I am flushing an older truck and was worried about debris settling in the core. I thought the screen washers might plug quickly with so little surface area. I will pull at 250 miles to check. What could possibly go wrong.....
33.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Cmarti
.....not to beat a dead horse and no real brillance here. I used a 5/8 hose repair ends and fine SS screen from a strainer($10 invested). I molded it around a dowel using torch, hammer and vice. I crimped one end and made petals on the other to tuck under the washer. I expanded it inside the repair end using a larger dowel. Teflon taped the threads on the repair end.

I am flushing an older truck and was worried about debris settling in the core. I thought the screen washers might plug quickly with so little surface area. I will pull at 250 miles to check. What could possibly go wrong.....
33.gif

if it doesn't leak, then no heat. Otherwise you should be OK.

Originally Posted By: Rand
pic dont work you linked to google+ homepage.

Too old to get this stuff. Did this work?

113804863@N04

Last edited:
11840589634_c780f6eabf_n.jpg

I grabbed the image link from the page, not sure how long it'll last. I find it much easier to use imgur.com as there is less control/hassle over how your pic is displayed.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: martinq
11840589634_c780f6eabf_n.jpg

I grabbed the image link from the page, not sure how long it'll last. I find it much easier to use imgur.com as there is less control/hassle over how your pic is displayed.

Thank you for helping those of us born before fuel injection and PCMs.
11.gif

http://www.flickr.com/photos/113804863@N04/

Flushed, all new hoses, 2 subsequent drain and fills. This is what it looks like on the third 25 K pull.
I am ordering a spin on filter set up........

Originally Posted By: Cmarti
http://www.flickr.com/photos/113804863@N04/

Flushed, all new hoses, 2 subsequent drain and fills. This is what it looks like on the third 25 K pull.
I am ordering a spin on filter set up........

That should be 25 MILE pulls. Looking at wix, or donnalson filter bases today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back